Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend at Bernie's...

I had to get the hell out of dodge this weekend. So serious. Didn’t care where I went but getting out of town was my main objective last week.

And no I didn’t murder anyone and needed a quick getaway *lol*

Thanks to my hook-up at the airport I was able to get a raw flight deal on Thursday and Friday couldn’t come soon enough.

Why is it whenever I leave early at work folks act as if their whole world is over? I mean damn is it that hard to look up something by yourself? Why do you need me to read something off the screen?

At noon I gave the “two fingers” and was out the door. I mean so what my flight left at seven, oh you really thought I was staying until 5? I don’t care if the airport was across the street, I’m leaving.

Besides my lazy ass had to pack.

It’s always an adventure when I go to the airport. Or maybe it’s because I make everything an adventure. *shrugs* You know I find comedy in everything.

Lines at United were long as shit as usual. I wish people wouldn’t use the computer check in when they don’t know what the fuck they’re doing! That is my top pet peeve. Is it really that damn hard to slide a credit card in and follow the prompts? I mean really, you don’t know your destination city? Have to debate if you’re going to check that big ass bag? Then tie up the attendant at the same time.

Folks were so lucky it was Friday the 13th. My superstitious ass was on my best behavior. Shit you know how I feel about flying. First sign of trouble and I’m clawing the emergency exit door off.

Then why did I get selected for random search? For the last time: I am NO threat to any airlines. Shit I’m more afraid of the plane going down more than anyone.

And they have this machine that spray bursts of air all over your body. It’s supposed to do something, forgot what the hell she said, but you KNOW I was more concerned about my hair more than anything. Shit let a drop of water have hit the perm…it would’ve been a wrap.

But at least I didn’t have to strip or take my shoes off or anything.

Get to my gate only to find out there’s a gate change and had to walk damn near a mile *or so it seemed* to my new gate.

Am I the only one who wants to trip people who are running through the airport?

But then again I have to stop myself from running as well. Shit you know you can’t run around black folks. *lol*

And why was my seat way in the damn front. You know I don’t do wings or emergency exits seats. I am not a hero. And no one wanted to switch with me so I’m ‘noid because damn that, the front of the plane is always the first to go.

And my seat mate was this little old white man. Dude got up at the beginning of the flight and never came back. At first I was a little worried because shit you never know with some white people. Might be a disgruntled United worker and might decide to go on a rampage. And then again he was old as hell, shit I didn’t want him dying in the bathroom and delaying the flight *lol*

So I flagged down the flight attendant and asked about him and she told me he moved to another seat.

Ain’t that a bitch? Shit I ain’t a nappy head hoe. I get a relaxer motherfucker. *lol*

Oh yeah and I ain’t a hoe. *lol*

But I laid my ass out across his seat and had a nice ass nap *lol*

Before you know it I’m staring in my friends’ goofy ass faces. Apparently telling folks that there are more than one terminal slipped their mind. I’m waiting patiently in one terminal while their flights were in a completely different terminal. I was about to leave and shit *lol*

Yeah good old TWIN and FOOL were there in all their late as shit glory.

I guess our so-called professional lives have been getting to us because we did NOTHING the entire weekend. We relaxed and slept damn near the entire weekend.

Got some eats and took our asses to bed. Gone are the days when we get all pretty and hit the streets. Shit we got some “White Castles” and hit the sheets. Watched some TV and goofed around.

Saturday I got some new ink done. Two of them bitches in one day. It was impulsive but it kinda wasn’t because I had talked about getting some tattoos for a minute. I have a bull on the back of my neck and another “secret” tattoo on my hip.

The neck tattoo didn’t really hurt. It was more of an annoying drill than anything but she leaned on my neck like a muthafucker. You know my retarded ass couldn’t keep my neck straight.

Now the one on my hip hurt a bit. Leg was shaking and shit. She hit some type of nerve and I swear I was going to fart in her face *lmao* No lie. I had to clench the butt cheeks tight because I was going to let go. I was glad when she finished that one because I swear she was digging super deep into my skin.

Ain’t that a bitch though? I damn near fall out for death from a paper cut but I let someone poke me in the skin with a needle without a whimper?

My friends were really surprised that I went ahead and got one because it took a long ass time because I got served. I was about to chicken out but I ain’t no punk bitch *lol*

Punk asses punked out and shit. Left me all alone to get some ink.

Then again I’ve had piercing through almost every part of my body so they weren’t that surprised. After all I did get my nipples pierced on a dare.

We hit the mall, of course hit up some eats and back to the room for…you guessed it….sleep. Ok well I went to sleep; they went back out and did whatever. I woke up when they came back.

I swear I felt like I spent the entire weekend sleeping because before you know it, it was Sunday and my flight was leaving early as hell.

I had to bag my damn carmex. Like what am I going to do with some carmex? Smear an attendant’s eye or something? But hell that was a new tube and I was not parting with it.

Tried to sleep on the flight but with the tattoos it made it a little uncomfortable.

Got back to DC, it was pouring out.

Went home, cleaned up the mess that JBN left as a present and went to sleep. Managed to have a nice comfortable sleep, sleeping in this awkward ass position that kinda works.

Had a nice relaxing weekend…only to come back to chaos Monday at work.

*sigh* Doesn’t it feel good to be missed at work?

14 comments:

Still Patrice said...

ooh...new tat's! I want more, but I want my new orleans tattoo guy.

I hate airports, would much rather drive, but would HATE sitting in a car over 10hrs to go see somebody!

Glad you had a nice weekend

Miz JJ said...

I do not have any tats. I am so indecisive I am afraid I will hate it in a few years.

JBN is a sweetie.

thee modern isis said...

Hey hey chica

Ok.. I see you all tatted up and whatnot. I want another one but I'm trying to figure out what and where.

An impromptu trip.. love it. I can't wait til May.. a sista is going to Cali.

and.. lmao@almost farting in her face.

BK said...

my first time by and I'm laughing like shyt LOL

glad you had a great relaxing weekend.. so did I while not as comical :) LOL

Xave said...

I missed you too! MWOUAH!

p_nami said...

Hey girl!

Why did my tattoo scab and now I have to get that bitch filled in again?!

And why oh why is there so much damn traffic in Northern VA?! Left Richmond a little before 4...got to Baltimore after 8...WTF?!

Getaways are nice...but I think that I may need to actually stay HOME for once! LOK

p_nami said...

oh...that should have read LOL...I may need to preview my comments

Ms.Honey said...

Why did I bust out laughing when you said you almost farted LOL..you are crazy girl...2 in one day now that's brave.

You know I'm keeping you in mind when I need a hotel hookup LOL..don't even play (then again why would I need a hookup in a hotel that's down the street from me LOL)

I know all too well about the emergency that comes when you have to leave early..the world always come to an end

Tasha said...

I know that hip tat had to hurt girl! I'm still LMAO at you having to fart. My last one was a leg tat and I had to sit for three hours with my foot in dudes crotch. You know my silly ass was trying to see if his package was enough to make my foot comfortable.

Sometimes you just need to get away, even if it is just to eat and sleep.

Melanoma in B&W said...

Dear Tenacious,

I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at women bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.

I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm

I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Thank you in advance,

Carmen

La Diva Latina said...

New tatties Tenaysh...
What else??
I want PICS of 'em...
Miss u...
I been ghost and I'm sorry, but I posted, and will try and stick around and keep my head outta those damn txt books...
:-)

telly serone said...

yo... next tyme u gotta fart, just let tha person know that they need 2 back up 4 a few minutes & let that shyt out!!!!

Madam DLBG said...

LOL...all in all, that's a weekend i'd kill for right now!

Ms.Honey said...

Aight chica..where ya at LOL

Hope your not locked up somewhere LOL..sike let me stop..hope things are aight though