Monday, December 31, 2007

'07 Wasn't A Complete Bust...

As we approach the New Year…

Best believe my ass is not going to make any resolutions because I know I will not follow through with any.

Ah New Years…Always good for one of my friends to reveal some life altering, mind shattering confession *always a drunken confession* that is sure to shock the alcohol out of us.

Let’s see…there was the year my best friend G revealed he was gay.
…Ok I knew that one. I mean I did walk in on him and some guy. And that guy was giving him some pretty nice mouth service.

I was horrified, I mean who wants to catch any friend in a compromising position, but it sure didn’t stop my pervy ass from looking *lol*
…And asking questions later.

Then there was another time when my friend revealed that the guy who we thought she was pregnant by was indeed not the father. To add to the blow, this was screamed out at a party during a heated argument.
…Boy that was an awkward ride back in the car.

Oh and I can’t forget the classic “I’m cheating on you…with your cousin” confession.
…I almost spilled my drank on that one. Almost. You know I’m not letting a drop of alcohol hit the floor. It doesn’t help that the cousin had a girlfriend at the time that also happened to be at the same party. It was a “two bitches on a side street” slap fest.

…Although I can’t help but wonder if my best friend and I were bad friends because we were hopelessly drunk and egging on the fight from the sidelines. There’s nothing worse than two cackling, drunk bitches hollering shit like, “Girl you’re going to take that…I mean she was sucking your man’s dick?!” while howling with laughter while holding ourselves up to prevent collapsing in the snow.

Clearly my friends and I have the “Jerry Springer/Maury/Ricki Lake” type of drama on New Years.
…Ok well every major holiday since we started sneaking vodka out of our parent’s liquor cabinets at 16.

Ok usually we’re long drunk before midnight but that’s not the point.

Since I’ve recently shunned alcoholic beverages as I’m remaining faithful to my diet/exercise regiment, I don’t know how this New Years will turn out as this will be the first year I’m sober on New Years in a long time.

And yes, I’m still sticking to my diet plan. So far I have lost 10lbs. and about 2 ½ inches from my waist line. I’m working out close to 6 days a week for an hour doing a combination of cardio, elliptical, and abs works *depending on the day* while calorie counting and shunning red meat and the swine.

*sigh* Yes I have joined the world of “turkey bacon”. Those little thin ass strips of meat that you never know when they’re done…since they just lay there all limp and shit. Don’t even crackle or anything. Just lying on the bottom of the pan.

Lord knows I love the swine but I had to give up my ham, bacon and pork chops. I won’t trip on how the pig has never failed me but…*sad wave*

…And it cracks me up to say “swine”. JBN refuses to say “pork” or “pig”, he calls it the “swine”. I’m like, “What the fuck…You Muslim now?” but it cracks me up nonetheless.

And now Pro has added on to my amusing word list with the word "fowl". No longer will I say "chicken" but now "fowl" has entered my vocabulary.

I mean it's not going to stop me from eating it but it gives me a chuckle.

Clearly…I am easily amused.

I can see ’08 being that year for me. Not only am I entering the year with a promotion, putting me a few steps closer to my goal of being a General Manager of a major hotel chain by the time I’m 30, but I’m also getting married.

Who would have thought me of all people as a married woman?

As much as I eye ball the opposite sex...soon I will have a shiny new ring on my finger that will NOT stop men from trying to holler but at least I'm not lying when I now say "I'm married."

And am I wrong for being too eager to shed my father's last name? I mean hypenated my ass, I'm exchanging this bad boy.

*tear* Soon...I will have a maiden name.
...Although I used to wonder why there was so much emphasis on having one's mother's maiden name for everything. It took me a long time to realize with so many dead beat fathers, not to mention all the whores who don't know who their child's father is, that's not really feasible.

But...Wouldn't it be kind of funny?

I mean instead of sending rejection letters based on credit *sigh* why not just do it for lack of father's name?

...Like..."Records show that Smith/John is NOT the last name of your father on your birth certificate...Credit Approval DENIED"
...But that might lead to some awkward questions about one's parentage.

But still...lil' ol' me as a married woman?

Ok I used to play “MASH” and I thought I would be married, in a mansion, with 2 kids by the time I was 21 but clearly as a 11 year old girl I was smoking crack *lol*

I remember when I thought being 21 was equivalent to my mother’s age.

Come to think of it…nowadays I feel like I’m my parents’ age compared to the youth today. I’m 24 years old and sometimes it feels like I’m like in my 50s or something.

I graduated from high school in 2001, college 2005 and with all this shit out here nowadays, I feel old when I admit I had a portable cd player in high school.

Don’t front like I was the only one who carried a gang of cds with them to school. Had the little broke up headphone piece held together with tape. Lost the back of the battery holder so you had to put your hand over the opening so the batteries wouldn’t fall out.

Like I said…graduated from high school in 2001. Those things are like relics now. You’re like, poor, if you can’t afford an I-pod.

Here’s to another year of successfully dodging pregnancy, some of my exes, and the police.

Happy New Years!!!

12 comments:

Xave said...

I'm first! This post is virgin no more! YAHOO! I know, I'm stoopid :-) But what do you expect when T is back on the blog prowl? I just love you and your crazy world. But guess what? Ali and I plan on beating you to the altar. We plan on tying the knot soon after Valentine's.

All the best in 2008

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Nexgrl said...

You are so funny.......
Here's to a year of successfully
dodging pregnancy, some of my
exes, and the police.

What were you really doing during the times when you weren't blogging?

Unknown said...

YOU ARE A FOOL FOR THIS - Here’s to another year of successfully dodging pregnancy, some of my exes, and the police.
FOOL I tell you!!!

You making me feel old...I graduated high school in 98 and college in 02...geesh!! LOL!!!

YAY @ losing 10lbs and inches off your waist!! I've been cutting back on my pork and redmeat too, but its the bread that gets me!!

Well Happy New Year Chica!! Enjoy it!! Let us know about any drunken fights...lol!

Rashan Jamal said...

Whatever, T. I had a walkman with cassette tapes in high school...

You gave up the swine? Not you too. LOL

Happy New Year!!!

proacTiff said...

I heart my 'Ten' just because she stooooooopit! I really can't break down this post because it's all too much to not make mention of... Cheesing like grits behind the Pro "fowl" reference. Fowl also includes that cornish hen, them turkey's and dat bird. Don't cheat, trick. Oops. Soon that will be Mrs. Trick! You are so right about the ring not meaning a damn thing to the men. Ask me how I know. And I be blingin' and they still be singin', "What you drinkin'? Can I have a Yack for the lady? ... Your husband is a lucky man." *Thanks, rolls out with drank in hand...Unmarried bitch done bumped into me and made me waste some; stop to lick the wet off my hand* I can't be losing no FREE alcohol.

And i must was iPoor up until about 7 iMonths iAgo. But charge that to the fact that I'm old as hell and was fine wit' my portable CD walkman. Them young people prolly laughed they ass off at the svelte "old" babe when she was changing her mixed CD during her cardio workout.

Happy NewNew Year!

proacTiff said...

Oh! I forgot to mention that my new avator for 2008 is that of my parents (mom @ 24 and biological father/husband @ 25). I had thier same last name until I was 24/married. Would my application been approved or denied? And don't disappear on me - 10lbs! I'm struggling to NOT lose the rest of my Black woman booty.

dejanae said...

Girl u r a mess.smh
said in the best way possible of course
*sigh* Yes I have joined the world of “turkey bacon”. Those little thin ass strips of meat that you never know when they’re done…since they just lay there all limp and shit. Don’t even crackle or anything. Just lying on the bottom of the pan.
Girl u aint nevah lied

had the portable cd player?
man. i still got that shit

Still Patrice said...

LMAO!!! Pregnancy, exes, AND the police!?!

Happy New Years silly girl!

Sister Toldja said...

LMAO! You are still a fool! Glad to see you blogging again! Congrats on the 10 lbs! I'm trying to lose weight myself, but LAWD what would my life be without liquor?

*Shudders*

I have started drinking vodka and soda water as opposed to sugary drinks. It's a start, right?

Ms.Honey said...

This is def the year when we need to do lunch one weekend and crack up at folks as they walk by then talk about one another on our blogs....Happy New Year chica!!!

I'm with you on the weight lost thing....yahh 10 pds...try turkey kilbasa I think that's what it's called gives you more meat than the bacon lol cause I loves me some meat and I dont eat beef too much any more or "swine" LOL

Tasha said...

Girl you are too damn much! LMAO @ dodging pregnancy and the police. Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back. When I graduated college, let's just say you weren't an 11 yr old smoking crack yet! LOL. And let's just say, we had CD's but we were still buying *cough* cassettes!

Here's to another year of successful dodges, chick! Wit ya crazy ass! LMAO.

Happy New Year!!