Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Lemme Start Over...

As much as I'd like to blame the "Honeymoon Phase".....

Mmmmm riiiight...We are not on that cake shit.

Just blame laziness. Just haven't felt like writing.

I think my muse has been watching way too much t.v.

Nothing has changed in my world...No babies.

Although the ladies at work still check faithfully every week. They are so...perplexed that we are holding off on having children.

...And let the whispers in arabic & spanish that my inside are "rotten" begin....

Went home for Thanksgiving.

Ugh.

I know I really shouldn't be bitter but...after my grandmother died, it' like I REALLY don't like being around my family anymore.

It's like my mother is the most important family member (nieces & nephews aside) and the rest of my mother's side of my family can kiss the dark side of my ass.

I only came home at the request of my mother and she had to beg/use the guilt trip in order to get me to do that.

It's like every part of Chicago reminds me of my grandmother. I had to bite back the question of when were we going to grandma's house.

Now it's when are we going to lay flowers on her grave.

My family has began to crawl under my skin and just annoy the hell out of me. And most have the nerve to ask why I am so openly hostile toward them now...like I'm supposed to forget the aftermath of my grandmother's death.

I know...mad bitterness.

Hubby & I went to Palm Beach for Christmas.

Christmas in Chicago wasn't even an option. Just wasn't an option...and it was cold as shit!

My blood has adapted to VA winters. I haven't felt the slap of a -10 degree wind in over an year. I don't think I own a Chicago-Winter ready coat anymore.

So while most of my family & friends were freezing..we were in the luxary of mid-70s weather. It rained one day while we were there but I'll still take a low 70 over a cold 32 any day.

It was nice to just...relax. No work-related emails, phone calls, or *shudder* meetings. No 10+ hour days because someone decided they just wasn't going to work that day. No complaints as soon as I come in the door...never mind I've been off for 2+ days and have NO idea what he/she is babbling about.

I refuse to bring work home. Any stress from work is gone when I walk out the door.

But of course it just bubbles up and hit me when I come back to work *lol*

I'm glad for our slow period. I got a free 10 day vacation.

Granted I didn't ask for it (I just asked for a week to go to Palm Beach) but I sure didn't complain.

I didn't even party for the New Year.

I worked.

Yes I worked. Only until 11:00p. Then I came home, Hubby warmed up Chinese Food, we drank wine, watched the ball drop & watched a couple of movies.

The Life of a Married Person *lol*

Although being married has nothing to do with my social life, I just wasn't in the mood this year to go out.

Ok more specifically...I did not feel like finding something to wear *lol*

I'm going to get back in the swing of writing more even if it kills me.

It's my therapy :)

5 comments:

Saule Wright said...

Welcome back Mrs. Tenacious!!!

Family is a muh'fucka. I didn't call my mom on new years at midnight....I was sleep. She called me at 12a my time...then text me at new years her time. I was on one and didn't call her the next day. she called me about 10p my time (she's in Arizona) and she sounded downright depressed and sad that I didn't call her. It may be hella petty to me, but I NEVER want to hear her sound that disappointed about me again.
I hate guilt trips.

Ms.Honey said...

HEYYY MRS!!!!

I only come home for certain folks too lol

Glad you had a wonderful holiday with the Hubby...hmmm let me find out you done turned over a new leaf.

Nexgrl said...

I have missed your writing. I am so used to you not posting, that I am surprised when I find a new post.

I don't do family holidays anymore. I stopped when I was 15yrs old.

I am glad that you found a warm and relatively sunny solution to your holidays.

Happy New Year!

La Diva Latina said...

Heyyyyyyyy Ten...Missed You Much..
I just crawled back and dusted off my blogger profile password too LOL
Happy New Year Babe..

proacTiff said...

Did you mention therapy. If mine doesn't quit giving me 'writing' homework to bring for the next session I swear I will totally delete my blog (vs. it just being set to private). Girl I feel you on the muse watching too much TV and/or even reading too much. My muse faded to black, people watching and waiting for the most important day of my life. So I'm kinda stuck living in my head with thoughts of things to blog about and still she no blog-her! Bad. Pun. I will however, blame married-for-a-decade-life and them three uterus snatching 'churren' of mine. Take your time on the procreation thing 'cause bey-bayy once they come you can NOT push them back up in there where they came from. It's considered a Reynolds (wrap)!

eHugs,
Pro