Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stolen Tag...

I swipped this from my best friend Saule Wright.

Yeah I'm a thief...but I did ask :)

1.What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got married. At least I'm 99% sure I haven't been dragged down the aisle before

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I make an attempt to keep one or two…usually failing somewhat mid year…then picking it back up toward the end of the year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
To my recollection, no. However it appears that hella people I knew from HS/College has either gotten married and/or given birth. 08 was the year of marriages & child birth (at least on facebook lol)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother. Very dark times in my life.

5. What countries did you visit?
None. This year was just crazy.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Besides the obvious, patience.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are several dates that I think are important but 08/31/2008 was a fantastic day. One of the truly bright spots of my year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Letting go.

9. What was your biggest failure?
None.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just my usual…flu, ebola, malaria, African sleeping sickness, etc.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My mother’s day gift. She truly didn’t expect it & I had to force her to use it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends. I know who my real friends are.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ugh my family. Nuf said.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, plane tickets, wedding stuff and various gifts

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My wedding. I was so excited when it was over! Oh and Obama of course :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
That’s a good question. My interest in music has diminished a lot over the past few years to the point where I’m not too into music. I’ll say anything Lil Wayne hopped on because I could not escape his ass for nothing!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- i. happier or sadder? I was happy at the beginning of 08
- ii. thinner or fatter? Probably the same
- iii. richer or poorer? About the same

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend time with my family

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying

20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
With the same person I’ve been in love with for the past 6 plus years…sure

21. How many one-night stands?
How about a hot NONE?

22. What was your favorite TV program?
The usual- House, Monk, CSI, L&O, Nip/Tuck, LOST and the trashy reality shows that I couldn’t resist from watching…and roasting the hell out of…

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word lol. There are some people on my now “indifferent “ list

24. What was the best book you read?
Oh wow, I’ve devoured dozens of books in 2008. I usually fall back to my steady stand bys.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Turning away from most of the junk that’s out there is my greatest musical discovery. I have few songs in my ipod that from 08

26. What did you want and get?
I got everything that I wanted material wise…except my damn flats back from my best friend! Shit has been in her possession since May!

27. What did you want and not get?
Space and solitude when I wanted it the most.

28. What were your favorite films of this year?
Of 08- Dark Knight, Iron Man, Tropic Thunder, Wall-E are the ones that I remember quite easily. I did see The Curious Case…and I really enjoyed that movie as well

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25…and spent it drinking & partying…as usual

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hitting the lottery lol

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
The same as all the other years- homeless chic. I’m just a casual gal. Gimme some jeans, a t shirt or some type of cute sweats and I’m content. Anything that I don’t have to personally iron is also a plus. Honestly I just wear what I think makes me look cute…and at least ½ way decent even on those days when I just don’t give a f*ck.

32. What kept you sane?
My husband. And sleep. Lots of sleep.

33. What public figure did you fancy the most?
Michelle Obama. She’s from the Chi. :)

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
None, but then again I’m not a political person.

35. Whom did you miss?
My grandmother, a few friends, and my babies-my nieces & nephew

36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
Wow I’ve met quite a few people…I can’t even single anyone out in particular. It’s funny the people you think you’d never been friends/cool with until you hang out & then it’s like “Where the hell have you been?!”

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
“Don’t look to other people when validating your happiness” (an oldie my mother told me, but it’s always still good)

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“You’re mad cuz my style you’re admiring”

1 comment:

Saule Wright said...

THIEF!!!!