Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer Is Almost Over....

What’s the big deal about the 4th of July anyway?

I mean people get excited and plan trips to the city and for what? A 5-10 minute display of fireworks? Sure it’s a nice display but…they’re fireworks!

I refuse to get excited about a day that personally I can care less about. I mean it’s not like my people were celebrating our independence. More likely, my people were cleaning up the mess from good ol’ Massa party…I mean if they weren’t fighting in a war that would of course remind that that while they’re helping another’s man war, they would not be free in the least.

Yeah a little bitterness for the 4th. So sue me.

Besides I’m not really into fireworks. I broke my ankle when I was a kid thanks to fireworks, leaving me ass-ed out for the summer, so I’ve always kept my distance from them.

Instead I went to see Transformers and despite its flaws, I enjoyed the movie.

I’m sure the true 80s babies will find a way to tear down every single scene from the movie but considering I haven’t watched Transformers since I was like, what 7, and I don’t collect action figures, trading cards, and other collectibles that true nerds dicks get hard over, it was decent.

Not Oscar-worthy. But my $10, ok JBNs $10, were well spent. Some parts of the movie I didn’t like but eh, over all it was highly entertaining.

Besides I like Shia LaBeouf. I have always thought he was a little cutie. So sue me, I liked the Even Stevens series.

But you know I am waiting for Harry Potter.

This weekend we are driving up to Philly for JBNs family reunion. His family is a lot more…tamer than mine.

You know they get their BBQ catered. No face twisting and “Who made the Potato Salad…Mmmm I don’t fuck with her cooking like that” comments. Everyone seems genuinely happy to see one another. No card tables being flipped over due to losing spades. No fist fights over a game of Bones. Drunken relatives actually go to sleep in the shade instead of picking arguments or doing the drunken “Good Foot” dance. No family secrets put on blast.

You know, like my family reunions usually turn out. *lol*

I told him I don’t care what we do but we are not going to take a tour of the Philly projects. I do not want the “Ghetto Tours”.

Damn that State Property, Paid In Full bullshit, I am not trying to see where Beenie Siegel supposedly beat the block.

Leave me in the downtown/suburban areas please.

I am not one of those tourists who want to see the “real” parts of a city. Fuck that. Leave me in the comforts of my hotel and the surrounding locations. I am not trying to get lost in certain parts of the city.

I mean I like DC but you will never catch me in SE after dark.

Hell you won’t catch me there during the day.

Gas is too expensive and I’ll be damned if I get car jacked after filling up the tank.

The car jacker is going to have to drop me off at the Metro station or something. It’s too damn hot to be standing at the bus stop.

Last summer I had so much fun. This summer? Eh so far it’s been ok. I just realized I was sick for damn near ½ of the summer though. That sucks.

Hopefully in Philly I’ll have a chance to buy a real Philly cheese steak. Just to see what the hype is all about.

Have a great weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Still Patrice said...

Girl your fam sound like mine... Esp the family secrets part! LOL

Miz JJ said...

Your family reunion sounds more interesting though.

Take a pic of the Philly cheese steak. I wanna know what all the hype is about.

Lol @ you and the car jacker. I could just see you cussing him out for taking your car.

SLUMP FACADE said...

Transformers sucked!!!

...by the way, Paid in Full wasn't bad. It was no New Jack City, but I got the DVD in my collection...

nikki said...

philly cheesesteaks in philly SUCK. at least, the one i ate tasted like crap.

lol@getting dropped off by the carjacker. at the very least, demand bus fare.

i haven't checked out 'transformers' yet. i've heard it's aiight, though. i'm an anthony anderson fan, so if he's in it, i'll at least consider it (although ain't no way in hell you gonna get me to watch that movie with him and the kangaroo...anthony was on crack when he did that one...)

proacTiff said...

And when you sample the Philly Cheese, please post about the hype or lack thereof. I used to associate with a chick who was from Philly and would go there to visit family every summer, but before she left she would consume us with "ohmygodican'twaittogogetmeaphillywhenigethome." All I could think about was putting some sort of "sammich" in her mouth to shut her ass up. Get over your damn philly-cheese-steak-self, you in this city that don't specialize in a damn food source. Wait. I forgot about the orange. Come to think of it, all our asses should be sick-free where Vitamin C abounds. So that's why I had to think about oranges every summer she brought up her trip and them damn submarines. Maybe you should start thinking about oranges too. Feel better and enjoy your trip with the honey. :D

P.S. I won't even begin to describe the visual I get of you at the sound of fireworks every 4th and the past broke ankle issue.

Tasha said...

Damn, I think we have the same family. My drunk uncles stay passed out in the sun with the pint of vodka in a paper bag...drinking out of a straw.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late, but SE ain't that bad.