Monday, May 19, 2008

I Sux As A Friend...

You know it really irks me when I give deadlines and like, no one, replies. You would think with emails, IM, and Facebook *Myspace is the devil* I could get some mailing addresses! Folks be hording those like I'm about to send them bills or something.

Well....plus side is it did just majorly cut my guest list, which I was trying to do. We went from 90 to 150 to 280!!! back down to about 155.

I'm like who and the FUCK do people think I'm marrying...The Prince of Zamunda?

So just like the emails, IM, Facebook chats, and Facebook messages that went unanswered...I had to send another one to all the folks who DIDN'T reply to let them know they're off the guest list and are not expected to show up.

Stamps are too expensive to be playing around.

TWIN is jerking us around with her wedding. I mean she is literally not answering ANY phone calls.

She already told us it's too late to order dresses and her future mother in law is now making them and she wants our measurement.

Then when we call with the measurements *and a lot of skepticism...I'm like shouldn't she do a fitting or something rather than just go on our measurements...and we don't know what these surprise dresses look like...she's my best friend and I love her, will wear a trash bag if I have to...but even I have a limit to what style of trash bags I will rock" she doesn't even pick up.

I'm like damn do you even want to be married? Is this a low key sabotage way of doing it? I already told her she is not doing the "leaving the guy at the alter" thing. Not if I'm already standing up front in a trash bag.

And I think the dude is low key crazy anyway. Who's to say he won't hunt us *yes us I mean we're going to have to run out after her and possibly drive the get away car* down at the local Marriott and kill us?

I've long suspected he's brainwashed my best friend and is part of a cult.

Then...I feel like such a piece of shit. Did you know my best friend/roomie all through college had a baby and I HAD NO IDEA?!

I mean I heard a rumor a couple of months ago from a vague Facebook associate but I brushed it off, I mean sure I've been, like, the worst friend but I mean I would at least get a baby shower invite if that was the case right? A phone call being that my cell phone number hasn't changed in years. I'm one of the few friends who paid their phone bills almost religiously and haven't switched providers when my bill reached $300+ like underwear.

We spoke on the phone for like an hour after I had to stalk her little sister *again via Facebook* for the house AND cell number. At least after two messages, her sister gave me the phone number with no problems.

Folks act like I'm a bill collector or something.

I'm starting to think people are avoiding me like the plague.

I all but demanded every single detail of her life from the past...I think it's been about 3 or 4 years since we've really spoken and at least the baby is not by the loser she dated in college.

I mean I rather she dry hump a bum than procreate with that nigga. I hope he's in the gutter somewhere...seriously.

But damn if I don't feel like a low ass dog. Of course she's as sweet as she's always been and didn't comment on the fact that I'm a shitty ass friend.

But *hangs head* I am.

I really need to work on my communication skills with my friends. It's like if I don't text someone, I don't talk to anyone.

This coming from a girl whose phone stayed glued to her ear most of elementary school, 1/2 of high school, and my main source of communication in college...until texting took over.

Well I am going to Chicago starting on Wednesday. We're kicking it then. But still...I still feel so low.

Shoot I need future baby sitters lol

8 comments:

Nexgrl said...

People let life get in the way and they often let time slip by. Your ex-roomie needs a babysitter now, you talking about in the future.

Tasha said...

I'm *right here* with you on getting mailing addresses and trying to do guest lists. It's making me crazy.

I think most people go through the lack of contact thing at some point. Your people still know you love em even if you don't stay glued to the phone anymore.

proacTiff said...

that's pretty deep. i know bof my college bff's bizness! and one lives in chicago, the other mobile, alabama while i'm in florida. i'd prolly disown them if they let that kinda information fall through the crack.

you're also a terrible blog friend. bet you feel better now that i've been brutally honest with ya, huh? *ehugs*

Roddykat said...

First off, Myspace IS the devil! :)

That said: "I'm like who and the FUCK do people think I'm marrying...The Prince of Zamunda?"
- You should go with that. How many people actually know it's not a real place? Might get some good presents from it.

You know what, the fact that you've tried to get in contact with folks make you better than me. Plus, if you've tried and they aren't calling you back, they are not good friends either. You shouldn't feel so bad.

Still Patrice said...

Going check myspace and facebook for my invite and subsequent un-invite. lol

dejanae said...

i want pics

MisStory said...

Yep planning a wedding sucks trust me I know. By the way I love your blog, I've been secretly stalking for months.

p_nami said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope you got stronger everyday. I'm sure you're pulling your hair out as I write this, since it is a few days before your big day. Good luck T! I hope you come back to bloggerville:)