Thursday, May 08, 2008

Moving On Up....

It took all of Tuesday but finally we’re all moved into the new place. It looks much nicer now that our stuff is in there. We have a great view...of office buildings lol

We're right across the street from the metro though.

And the non roach infested IHOP, I was boycotting IHOP for a nice minute, is around the corner. However, I'm trying to remember if that's the one I'm banned from. I know my services are no longer accepted at one of these IHOPs.

I'm really going to have to working on my anger management issues over the proper display of a waffle.

And I have a cute WB neighbor. Hmmm I might have to go next door for a cup of sugar *lol*

I am still tired as shit. You never realized how much crap you have until it’s time to unpack. We moved stuff on our own until 4am, took a quick nap, and woke up for the movers at 9am. Everything was moved by 1pm and I unpacked and moved things around until around 6pm.

I can not have boxes just lying around for weeks. I HAVE to get everything out of the boxes and in its proper place before I fall asleep.

I won’t trip on how my raggedy as shit Hello Kitty shrine fell apart in the mover’s hand so my treasured collection is stashed in the bin until I can get another shelf.

Not the fault of the mover’s, they were pretty cool Russian dudes; it was just bad ass craftsmanship. We bought it for cheap at a yard sale *I love those* and it basically one of these “do it yourself” assembly kits where you end up with more screws than you should have but you’re tired and you’re just like “fuck it…it’ll hold” and you just go about your business.

It held up pretty well…well at least for two years lol

Strangely enough, I can’t paint worth shit, couldn’t draw, hell walk, a straight line to save my life…but I know how to take stuff apart and put it back together WITHOUT directions. I actually like to build stuff.

Yes I consider that a talent lol

Yesterday after debating with Comcast...ummm yeah 1:30pm is not the same as 12 noon...and this is after they tried to do me and I had to get into an argument with one of their customer service reps...It does not take a week to come over and flip a switch in the basement esp. when the last time we moved, I gave a 24hr notice of transferring service and a guy came out the next day *of couse after telling the guy that he "found" a time slot...I was not waiting until the 13th for cable...and still charge me for the whole month

Stupid building is locked into a Comcast contract so I'm stuck with their service yet again.

Oh and today..there would be a shortage in my neighborhood :) Gotta love it right?

Now after changing my addresses, I FINALLY ordered the invites *sigh 200 of them bad boys* and some of the ceremony, reception stuff and it should be arriving shortly.

I am so clapping myself on the back right now. Once those bad boys are sent out, I don’t have to really worry about them again to July when I’m either stalking people to fill out the RSVP cards…or saying fuck it you’re no longer invites…read the directions!!

I mean I still have to spend part of Saturday looking for a lilac bridesmaids dress not to mention get my hair done, because I know it’s time for a relaxer when white folks stop telling me my hair looks “nice”, and still manage to go out drinking and partying.

Oh yes quarter of a century old…I sure don’t feel it.

Apparently I still don’t look it…I got carded the other day.

It was a minor annoyance, I mean I know I must have looked as if I wandered in from underneath a bridge, but I guess if I still can pass for someone under the age of 21…that’s semi good right?

Or maybe I was just that frightful looking. Especially since these two mountains decided to pop up on my face. I really need to leave the OJ alone. Too much OJ equals breakouts. I mean these bad boys are winking at me every time I look in the mirror. Each one fighting for attention.

I hate breakouts with a passion.

I’ve been drowning them in acne medication and drinking nothing but water. *sigh*

I think I’m too old for this lol

Wow just two days until my birthday

I am eagerly awaiting my birthday gifts

Happy times indeed

2 comments:

Roddykat said...

Way to go, Murtaugh!(*apologizes for Lethal Weapon reference*)

I'm sorry, but how do you get ejected from a IHOP? Denny's I can see, but IHOP? :)

One of the mover's wasn't named Nico, by any chance was it? Never mind.

Ask the WB how come ain't no brothas up on the channel. They forgot where they came from.

Destruction / construction is a good skill to have. Now, if you can turn my Focus into a Prius, you got a client, Mcgyver.

The carding thing is great. It means you're doing something right. I've seen 18yos look 118. slight exaggeration, but not by much.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.