Sunday, February 01, 2009

25 Things About Me...

Boredom & Constant Facebook Notes will do it to you...

1. I don’t like to drive. Not a real surprise to most people because I avoid it as much as possible. On top of not being the best driver in the world, the interest just never peaked. Too many years riding public transportation.

2. In addition to my aversion to driving, I follow strict driving routes. It’s a little weird but I MUST have several “test drives” before I’m comfortable driving the route alone. Meaning I must watch someone drive it several times, paying close attention to lane changes, stop signs, etc., and then I drive it alone. Weird, I know.

3. Mommy Dearest is one of my favorite movies-ever. I can watch it all day, every day. It’s so unintentionally funny I get warm inside discussing it. Naturally my favorite scene is the wired hangers scene. I used to act it out for my mother. She was not amused.

4. Sometimes I walk past one mirror and think I’m fat, walk past another and I think I look fine.

5. I like clothes & shoes but I’m not into fashion. I don’t follow the trends, new styles & colors. I wear what makes me comfortable. I believe I have decent fashion sense but I’m far a trendsetter. I don't see what the big deal about clothes is about.

6. With the exception of flip flops, I don’t like colored shoes. While I own a couple of pairs, I almost never wear them. I’ve never been the type to buy shoes just to match a specific outfit. If in the event I have to buy some type of colored shoe, it MUST match 75% of the things in my closet. It’s funny because I own more black/brown/tan shoes than anyone I know & my best friend has every colored shoe under the rainbow BUT black.

7. I wanted braces until I was 13. The price tag for braces (not to mention my teeth were straight) was the reason I did not receive them. I was crushed. I remember I wanted purple braces.

8. Although I don’t like colored shoes, I LOVE colored handbags. The bigger, the more colorful, the better.

9. I’ve only had three “serious” boyfriends. Serious meaning they lasted more than 6 months.

10. Almost overnight, my hips & ass sprung up. I think 2005 was the year of the booty. Pre-2005, I was still tiny. I blame oversaturation of fast food.

11. I love to tan. I might be the only chocolate colored person who tries to get as dark as possible in the summer. I’m used to the strange looks from people when I lay out with my sun tan lotion & a magazine. To evenly distribute the coloring, I flip over every 30 minutes.

12. Food & I have had a passionate love affair for years. We also have a love/hate relationship. I am happiest when there is a plate of food in front of me. When I visit someone’s home, I’m the first person to ask for a snack.

13. I like to drink but I don’t like drinking straight alcohol (anymore). It’s actually pretty nasty & I have to nurse a shot just to get it down without immediately vomiting. I’m a mixed drink person. I can drink a rum & coke all night.

14. I hate tequila. If I drink a mixed drink that has it as an ingredient, it has to have as little tequila as possible. That’s always a dispute at the bar when out with friends- I’m the one actually refusing a shot of Patron.

15. I don’t run on CP time. I MUST be on time or early for everything. This drove my mother (QUEEN of CP time) crazy.

16. I love to read so much I carry books around with me everywhere I go. There are books everywhere in our apartment because I’ll read a book in the bedroom, read another book in the living room, have a book in the kitchen…and all will get read before the week in out. I can easily read 10+ books in a week.

17. The associates at the Cold Stone that’s down the street from my old apartment knew me by name. I was there THAT much.

18. Most of the time I’m content with just one orgasm.

19. If my father had his way my name would have been LaMonica Elizabeth. I've always shuddered in horror & thank the stars my mother refused to name me that mess. However, my mother wasn’t anticipating a girl so my name would have been Orlando Christopher if I were a boy.

20. I was the LAST person that most people would have figured to get married. I was never into playing house, planning a dream wedding or even talked about marriage. Even when engaged, I never really talked about it. Even now I rarely talk about it. I’m still unsure about whether or not I should be insulted.

21. I wanted to join a sorority in college but wasn’t popular enough. Or very well liked. Apparently I slighted one of the ladies my freshman year & she held a grudge.

22. I joke & kid around too much for my own good sometimes. I think a lot of people take me too seriously when I’m joking around. Sometimes my sarcastic nature is my downfall.

23. I suck at answering hypothetical questions because I tend to overanalyze. I can’t fathom it happening so I never answer them seriously. I’d have to actually be in the situation to answer it.

24. I never give relationship advice because I suck at it. I hate relationship questions because I don’t think my relationship with my husband ever fit into any of the norms. I’m starting to believe we’re more unique than I give us credit for.

25. My empathy level depends on the person/situations. 95% of the time no one is getting any sympathy for me. I’m tried and tested tough. If you want a hand holder, don’t look in my direction.

4 comments:

Saule Wright said...

Got some interesting stuff here.

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!

oh my@18

LaMonica isn't the bidness, no offense to any LaMonica that may read this.

What sorority would you be in?

damn@25..."makes note"

thee modern isis said...

I got tagged with this on facebook as well. I never got around to doing it, I guess I will have to huh?

Oh yeah.. welcome back to the world of blogging Hot Choklet.

dejanae said...

ur a mess for number 3

eclectik said...

...and yo breath stank dont forget that one.

e.