Saturday, June 02, 2007

Viva Las Vegas Part 1

So I’ve been fighting this cold *I know who the HELL catches a cold in this weather?!* That I KNOW I picked up from some germy passenger on the way back to DC from Vegas.

You know for half a second I thought I was a potential victim from that guy who was flying with a deadly strain of TB. Was dialing up the doctor’s office the moment I heard about it, but was flying transatlantic so I was in the clear. But still, who walks on a plane healthy and walks off sick as hell?

Only me. That’s who. Germs have a habit of finding me and infecting me with all their yucky gooiness.

So I’ve been under the weather all week. Reviving my roles as Celie from the “Color Purple” as well as one of the zombies from “Dawn of the Dead”. Not to mention sweating like a runaway slave from the heat AND the fever.

Vegas was HOT!!

I am already planning the next trip to Vegas right now. I had so much fun!

I'm still engaged, no getting "drunk married" BUT I got a picture with one of the many fake Elvis impersonators in town.

Yes I got drunk and passed out shortly after 4pm on Saturday and woke up about 10 hours later.

Yes I took hella pictures. Although I’m wondering why I took so many pictures of random shit, like folks really cared that I walked past the MGM Grand. Hell I damn sure didn’t stay there!

Yes IT WAS HOT AS FUCK! Oh gawd I wanted to slap a white person every 5 minutes for forcing my ancestors to pick cotton, probably in some heavy ass burlap sack, in that type of weather.

I mean stepped out the hotel at 8 am and it was ALREADY 90!

And you know I don’t like to sweat. Well I don’t like for my relaxer to sweat, that is. I was like a degree away from having a ‘fro. And what does my dinky ass do? CONTINUE to make it worst by flat ironing my hair within an inch of its life as soon as I got back to the hotel.

I love my chemically free sisters but dammit the chemicals love me and I love them as well.

Besides…no more relaxers til late August.

The kitchens will be fried all summer.

So anyway the flight going there was LONG. My impatience clearly shows on flights that are longer than 2 hours. I mean I would go to sleep, wake up, we’re STILL over Colorado. I’m like how big is this damn state again? I think the pilots were going in circles and shit.

We hit a bit of turbulence. Some of it really bad. I had my escape route mapped. Damn Gramps and Granny in the exit row. I was throwing some bows to get off the plane push come to shove.

The people in front of us drank the entire time. I think they depleted the Vodka supply on the plane. I mean just sloppy. But at least they were the quiet drunks and not the loud and belligerent drunks I usually see.

After we hit all 50 states *it’s seems* we finally landed in Vegas.

And boy was I relieved.

No comments: