Thursday, March 29, 2007

Walk It Out....

This week has been an extremly busy week for me *as usual* I'm patiently counting down the days when all children are out for the summer thus lessening my workload as I will have no student groups to really worry about.


So...For once in my short life, I have nothing to talk about.

As a cop-out and because I love yall....Ask me anything and I'll answer it. I know right...Me give up information? Better take advantage now as the opportunity will probably be lost. Leave questions in my comment box and check back, I'll just post it on my blog.

And please...Let's put a mininum on the Rated XXX questions. I'm arching an eyebrow at you SLUMP. I know your mind stays in the gutter but try not to ask me anything that will make me blush or vomit.

**EDIT**

And The Questions Roll In...

Honey asked:
Hmmm I would have to say that I've always wondered if how you type your blogs is how you talk in real life..like in a convo do you really bust out in to the left to the left LOL...cause I would crack up laughing.

Me: I’ve been told I talk/act the exact same way. Eh my diction is a tad bit better in public though. No false images here. What you see is what you get. And yes I ramble, blurt out random song lyrics, dance and do all of that. “To The Left, To the Left” complete with hand signals. I blame my schizo tendancies. Yes Honey *hangs head* I’m just this damn goofy in real life *lol*


Nexgrl asked:
Since you like Justin Timberlake and Robin Thick, do you also like Jon B?

Me: I adore Jon B. Although I refuse to acknowledge he’s a white guy *lol* He is strictly Latino to me *lol*. I ordered his video on “The Box” quite a few times *right along with Immature*. I wonder…do he have anything new out? Now Jon B. is a man that could get it 5 times in the bathroom right quick. One sexy, sexy man. Lemme stop…drool is forming on the keyboard


telly serone asked:
why is it that, to black people who were born and raised in dc or md, virginia is so f*ckin far away?

Me: When I first moved into the area-period- from Chicago, I asked the same damn question. First I lived in Maryland and worked in VA and folks stared at me like I said I commute to NY daily or something. Then when I moved to VA and went back into MD/DC folks were fancinated that I lived in VA, Arlington, to be exact. Someone told me VA Black folks are stuck up or some crap like that and VA has stricter laws so Black folks avoid coming across the bridge. Which of course made me wonder what laws were Black folks possibily breaking if they didn’t want to get caught in Virginia. Virginia sucks though anyway. I guess it’s too many bridges to cross for MD, DC folks. But to be fair…I rarely cross the bridge into MD anymore and I’m only in DC to hit the clubs or visit some of my friends…and I clutch my pearls all the same *LMAO*


thee modern isis asked
**I see you came out of hiding chica LOL**
1. If you were to have kids.. what would be the first thing you warn them about the opposite sex?

2. From being on Blogger so long.. what have you learned? Would you have done something differently?

3. If you were dean of S.U. (Stripper University).. what would the commencement cerremony music be?


Me: LMAO…You are a damn fool!!!!
1. Daughters: Don’t fall for any lines on why he can’t wear a condom. And if you think you might have ran up on some crack dick….take 3 steps back and assess the situation. Sons: Treat all women with respect. You never know when if you’ll wake up one night and she’s standing over you.

2. I’ve learned there’s all types of characters on Blogger. Some good people, some not so good. Some folks whom I would love to be real life friends with and some…not so much. I think blogging often gives the false impression that based on reading parts of people's personal life you really know the person when often that’s not the case, you find that the online persona doesn’t necessarily match up with the offline persona. Or you just really don't know the person at all. There are a lot of false people out there. I don’t think I would have done anything differently, I’m exactly the same on-line as off-line. I can only be me and at the end of the day I always blog for myself and not others. I’d probably stop cursing so much…oh who the hell am I kidding? My filthy mouth isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

3. Damn it’s a toss up between “Do The Brown” by Luke or “Seems Like You’re Ready” by the “Ararah”. Either way you gotta come up out the gown and slide down the pole to get your degree


Xavier aka Ali's Zay asked:
Oh I like these! You love to party and the old me could definitely hang with you, yet you distinguish yourself from so many yong sistahs who f#ck their whole lives up. What, in your opinion, is wrong with these young girls, and more importantly, what is your secret for staying focused on your goals?

Me: Dang X why you gotta get all deep on a sista *lol* I think lack of guidance is a HUGE problem with young girls today. For example, my mother is my best friend. No one knows me better than Mama Dukes. HOWEVER she did not treat me like her friend, she treats me like her daughter. She's always kept it real no matter how graphic the talk became, she has never lied to me about anything and gave me the full unadulterated truth. Not to mention a fear of disappointing her and/or her foot up my ass kept me in line. So many young girls out here are looking for love/acceptance in all of the wrong places and I think that comes from lack of a stable home. Granted not all young women fall victim but a nice number. "At the end of the day, when you die, you die broke and alone" is one thing she has always told me, so interest in material things never appealed to me because well I can't take it with me when I die. She also told me "Love yourself before you love anything else. Never let any man or woman make you doubt the love you have for yourself because you can't love anyone else until you love yourself". Powerful words from a very wise woman. For the most part I surround myself around positive people, negative folks brings you down. Also young ladies don't educate themselves. Don't take your friends' word for it: seek the truth by yourself. I can go on and on about this issue but umm...yeah short answer: Positive people in my life has kept me on the straight path.

I don't think I have any secrets other than being stubborn and true to myself. At the end of the day, it's all about me and the choices that I make. I try to live a good life, I have a few bumps along the way, but I never lose focus of my goals. I think it's my drive to succeed that keep me on the right path. I see so much wasted potential out there and I do not want to go down that path. Live your life for you, not for others. Can't please everyone so focus on yourself.


Thic Flair asked:
This is the most important question ever.....
COKE or PEPSI?


ME: That answer is clear I am a PEPSI drinker!!! Except in alcohol and then I am a strong COKE drinker *lol*


MKPrice asked
And my questions is: Seeing as how your personality is so similar to mine in many aspects, do you have the same problems I do maintaining "friendships" with other women your age? Do you tend to see your friends being all male or older women?

ME: Feel free to steal it, where do you think I got the idea from? *lol*
I’ve had problems maintaining female friendship since I could talk. *lol* For some reason, other girls just don’t like me. It used to bug me and I went above and beyond to retain that female bond but ultimately I said “fuck it”. Can’t please everyone. I mean we start off cool but eventually ties are severed. Usually on my part. I have less patience with a female friend than a guy friend. I do however have several close female friends my age but we are all pretty much goofy so it all work out I guess. We have more personality traits that are identical than clashing. In fact I don’t think we’ve ever had a serious argument. I think it’s my mindset when it comes to a lot of issues as far as the reason I don’t hang with a lot of women. That and typical cattiness, pettiness and back stabbing that inevitably happens…esp. when a damn MAN is in the equation. Not all my friendships have ended over a man but most have.

I do find that I have way more male friends than female friends but I think that’s because I have an “one of the guys” personality, except when it comes to sports and bugs and then I’m all girlie *lol*. I’ve always hung around more guys than girls and I think it’s clear by my filthy mouth and crude sexual gestures. Older female friends? Eh maybe about two-three years older but I don’t have any female friends over the age of 26. That’s when the maturity factor that I am currently lacking kicks in and I’m seen as a “young girl’ with “foolish expectations.”



Slump asked:
Here is my totally CLEAN question, do you think your eventual marriage will end in eternal bliss or a horrible divorce?

ME: Hopefully bliss. I look at it as we’ve already been together 5 years so I don’t think marriage would change us in the least. Maybe more serious arguments than “who ate the last reese cup” and making a big deal out of it for 30 minutes. Although I think the “desperate housewife” thing, you know sleeping with the UPS guy or the mailman may be pretty interesting. I’m not thinking of divorce, although he can keep the kids *lol*


Sister Toldja asked:
Great post! If I had seen it in time, I would have asked you why the hell you claimed WY in high school! LMAO! I went there, and baby, you didn't miss much! And how did you manage not to get caught up?

ME: It actually started as a joke with my friends. The further you got from the far Southside, the less people knew about my school but EVERYONE knew about Whitney Young. And it’s not like Corliss was winning any honors, ya dig? I mean getting fake abortion money is a science within itself but something I really don’t need to learn how to do. So we began telling folks we went to WY because you know a classic line on the bus was asking someone did they go to a certain school because they “looked familiar” or they were “spotted” at the school’s homecoming dance. I always got schools like CVS, Simeon, Carver or Washington H.S. So I began telling dudes like “Naw I go to WY” and it stuck as a line.

And if I had gotten my lazy ass up to take the test, I probably would have been at WY.

It wasn’t that hard. I knew the school colors and mascot and just winged it from there. I also told people I was the “shy” type so I didn’t know a lot of people. You’d be surprised on what folks would believe. Throw in a lil “I used my grandma’s address to apply for the school” and bam! Instant credibility.

And it was always a great way to prevent dudes that tried to holler at you on the bus from trying to come up to your school. 2 buses AND a train to get to WY?! Yeah aiight!

A few people I was cool with in college went to WY and I had a few really going like I went to their high school.

16 comments:

Ms.Honey said...

Anything..WOW that leaves alot to be asked LOL.

Hmmm I would have to say that I've always wondered if how you type your blogs is how you talk in real life..like in a convo do you really bust out in to the left to the left LOL...cause I would crack up laughing.

Nexgrl said...

Since you like Justin Timberlake and Robin Thick, do you also like Jon B?


You have me thinking of you and your post about *Flirt* everytime I hear that song on the radio now.

telly serone said...

i have a question for you tenacious...

why is it that, to black people who were born and raised in dc or md, virginia is so f*ckin far away?

when i decided to move here 2 years ago all i got was "why you movin all the way down there? don't expect me to come visit a lot."
and i'm like, it's just alexandria.

i mean, you see virginia when you're on the waterfront standing in line to get into h20 or at the wharf buying a bushel of crabs. you see virginia when you're in georgetown, window shopping at bcbg.

to a dc/md nukka, pentagon city is as far as they are willing to go.

this is NORTHERN virginia. it aint richmond. i'm just across tha bridge, people.

do you get this from your friends and family too?

telly serone / romey.in.va

thee modern isis said...

wow.. you are in rare form Hot Choklet. Ok.. lemme see what I got:

1. If you were to have kids.. what would be the first thing you warn them about the opposite sex?

2. From being on Blogger so long.. what have you learned? Would you have done something differently?

3. If you were dean of S.U. (Stripper University).. what would the commencement cerremony music be?

lmao alright.. that's all I got.

-Isis

Xave said...

Oh I like these! You love to party and the old me could definitely hang with you, yet you distinguish yourself from so many yong sistahs who f#ck their whole lives up. What, in your opinion, is wrong with these young girls, and more importantly, what is your secret for staying focused on your goals?

PS: I have lots of admiration for you.

La Diva Latina said...

HMmm, THIS right here needs to marinate...open access to Tenacious..ooohwee. I'll be back.
XOXO

thee modern isis said...

Girl.. out of hiding ain't the word.

As for your answers.. you know you my girl right??!! lmfao

I laughed out loud at you.. I swear you are a nut.

John "JP" Pickens said...

This is the most important question ever.....
COKE or PEPSI?

Anonymous said...

LOL This post is soooo funny! And a great idea...mind if I steal it?

And my questions is: Seeing as how your personality is so similar to mine in many aspects, do you have the same problems I do maintaining "friendships" with other women your age? Do you tend to see your friends being all male or older women?

SynSational said...

I'm alive! I'm alive! I have to shoot you a email with updates. I told Rob you and Curly sent out a APB for us. LOL!

**muah* I will get at you, I promise.

Ms.Honey said...

Very interesting answers.

Anonymous said...

Whateverz

Miz JJ said...

Great post. I love your answers.

Nexgrl said...

Stronger Everyday is JonB's latest CD. His website is www.jonbmusic.com

Now you can get your lurk on.

SLUMP FACADE said...

Here is my totally CLEAN question, do you think your eventual marriage will end in eternal bliss or a horrible divorce?

I had a better question, damn censorship!!!

Sister Toldja said...

Great post! If I had seen it in time, I would have asked you why the hell you claimed WY in high school! LMAO! I went there, and baby, you didn't miss much! And how did you manage not to get caught up? The only schools I claimed on the fake tip were Maria High School (when I was in 8th grade) and University of Chicago ( only did that once, when I was 16 and a dude offa "The Real World" tried to holler).