Friday, February 20, 2009

Even More Random Things About Me...

51. While I believe that I have fantastic hair, I don’t think my hair looks great in different styles. I fear that I’ll look goofy, although I envy women who rock different styles. I either wear my hair up in a ponytail or loose with a side part. Occasionally I’ll wear it curly but my hair styles are pretty bland. I've recently gotten my bangs back & I'm in love.

52. Sometimes I think I’m the only black woman who doesn’t know how to do hair. Even as a child my dolls had the busted hair styles & braids. I’m only a decent braider & you have to have long hair for me to do that. I'm a whiz at flat ironing but curling? Puh-leeze, it was only so many forehead/ear burns before I gave up & go to professionals when I want curly hair.

53. I fall asleep anytime a vehicle is in motion. A short car ride can knock me out. I fall asleep on the bus & train all the time. Luckily I have never been robbed. The same applies anytime someone plays in my hair. I think I just love sleep.

54. When I was 10, I broke my leg falling off the curb. Mean spirited cousins were shooting fireworks too close to me & I was trying to get away. That put a nice damper on my summer that year.

55. I don’t like people touching my face. It’s one of my pet peeves.

56. I’m a packrat. It is so hard for me to toss anything out because I am convinced I am going to need it one day. Just last year, I finally got the courage to toss away old exams from high school.

57. I have a love/hate relationship with my stomach. It’s not as defined as it once was (I had a proud 6 pack through college) but I don’t like to show it. I don’t like wearing midriff or crop tops, but I’ll toss on a bikini in a heart beat.

58. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 21 years old. I cried in the DMV the first time I failed my driver’s test. The killing part was I failed because I didn’t look in my mirror when I changed lane. Never mind that it was a deserted road, I was supposed to “pretend” we were in heavy traffic & follow protocol.

59. I am notoriously bad at calling people back. Sometimes it takes me weeks to call someone back. It’s not a slight, it’s usually forgetfulness.

60. I love key chains & have dozens on my key ring. I only have 3 functional keys though *lol.* I like them because I can never forget my keys because there’s so many key chains & I can always find them in the depths of my purse.

61. The great thing about having a husband is there’s always someone to gas up the car & scrape ice/snow from the car windows. I hate pumping gas. He expects my phone calls when I call from the gas station because I have to pump gas. I don't like driving (ok any excuse NOT to drive) when the tank is half or below.

62. I don’t like women who constantly state they don’t believe in marriage & sprout a whole bunch of negativity about it & at the same time all up in my wedding albums & eying my wedding ring enviously. It’s very annoying to hear all of that negativity on a regular day basis when I know you really feel otherwise. Knowing damn well if a man dropped to their knees & proposed, they'll snatch that ring so quick, poor guy's fingers might come along with it.

63. I sleep with a blanket all year long. I like the bedroom freezing in the summer just so I can snuggle underneath it. I don't like sleeping under sheets. It must be a blanket.

64. I’ve never like sleeping alone in a house. Someone doesn’t have to be in the room with me but someone must be in the house in order for me to sleep comfortably. Otherwise I have the worst insomnia in the world. When Hubby went back to Chicago for a month, I begged one of my friends to stay over my house for most of the month. She was not amused. I believe I am just scared of the dark. Well that & an overactive imagination.

65. I love men’s pajama bottoms. They’re always too long but they’re so comfortable. Slowly over time, Hubby's PJ bottoms have became my property.

66. Outside of old photos, my husband has NEVER seen me in glasses. He didn't even know I wore them until one day he was over at my mom's house looking at some pictures. I think people forget that I did wear them at one point. I never forget though lol it is sheer vanity that prevents me from wearing my glasses. I never take a break from my contact lens.

67. I believe I grew into my looks. I don’t think I was that attractive as a child/teen (partly because of the glasses & lack of physical development) & went through the awkward stage much longer than others, but I think I am attractive now. I didn’t think I was attractive until I was 19. Now you can't tell me I am NOT a cutie lol.

68. I can’t stand when people think that I like snow/cold weather because I’m from Chicago. I hate cold weather-period. Even more when I lived in Illinois. I am a spring/summer person.

69. The only noticeable difference about my hair when I relax it is the edges are smooth. A relaxer doesn’t completely straighten my hair (it looks nothing like the ads/magazine/box); it just makes it easier to wash. I can go 3-4 months without a relaxer & I have no intentions of giving it up anytime soon. I relax my hair for management reasons & not some desire to be white. I've never wanted to be white-I love being chocolate too much.

70. Once I learn everything I can learn about a job, I usually get really bored. I’ve outgrown my last three job positions. I’m only stuck in the position I’m currently in because of a hiring freeze. Hopefully it’ll lift & I can look for something else.

71. I don’t have a fascination with money. Money doesn’t hold a place with me. Sure it’s nice to have but it’s also no biggie when it’s not around. I grew up in a household that didn't have a lot of money, I've learned to not miss what I never had. When hours are cut at work, I’m the only person not complaining. I just make due with what I have.

72. I love trashy reality shows. The trashier, the better. They're always good for a good laugh, esp. when I've had a rough day. I don’t watch the primetime TV network reality shows-they’re too boring for me.

73. I love historical documentaries. I just like history-it was always one of my favorite classes. I can watch the History Channel all day.

74. I like to think I’m an affectionate person because I love to hug people but I’m not big on kissing other than a brief kiss on the lips or something like that. It’s fine to kiss other body parts but I have an aversion to lip kissing. Once initialized I’ll go along with it for a little while before pulling away but I won’t initialize it. I’m all for short-term kissing or pecks but a make out fest? Nah, not on my top 10 list of things to do.

75. I love lingerie. It’s a borderline obsession of mine to shop for underwear & naughty gear. I like to keep up with trends when it comes to underwear *lol*

3 comments:

Kofi Bofah said...

Just floating through blog world.

Pack rat?

If you haven;t used something in the past month - throw it away.

Oh yeah - and what's happening, Arlington?

Born and raised at Silver Spring, MD.

Anonymous said...

hey lady... love your list... i keep saying im going to do one

Nexgrl said...

I don't like snow/cold weather either. Most people ask, me how long I was ever in it. 1 yr of living in Southern IL did it for me. I've fallen/slipped on ice enough.