Wednesday, February 04, 2009

More Random Things About Me...

26. Not too long ago I discovered I blush. As dark as I am, my cheeks turn red. It doesn’t happen that often but it’s hilarious when I do.

27. I have a deep fear of pigeons. Ok any type of bird bigger than a cardinal (except ducks) but especially pigeons. I turn into a hysterical mess if I see one. When in Chicago, we walked past a MASSIVE swarm of pigeons; I burst into tears because I was so scared that they would swarm & peck out my eyeballs.

28. I hate flying but love roller coasters. The faster the better.

29. I don’t like PDA. It was hard to get us to kiss at our wedding reception because we thought it was too much PDA. We were sitting there puzzled as people tapped their glasses until his brother told us what to do. The look on our face was priceless. I think it's captured in a picture.

30. I used to be a phone junkie. I would spend hours on the phone talking with friends about everything until the sun until my mother picked up the extension to kick me off. I thought it was torture if someone did not have a phone (or cable). My need for a phone (and cable) tapered off by college. I think it was due to a long battle with my mother & AT&T over a fabricated long distance call *sigh* Now I have to be in the mood to talk on the phone.

31. I have streaks of shyness. When introduced to new people, I’m a little shy (hard as that is to believe). I play the background & it's hard to strike up a conversation with someone. It might come off as arrogance…but nope just shy until I feel you out.

32. I hate to cook but LOVE to clean. I clean every night before I go to sleep & at work I can’t begin the day without cleaning something. It’s almost an obsession because I can’t rest if something is out of place or messy. My hands itch when there is something that I want to straighten/clean & I try to resist, which in turn drives me crazy until whatever has caught my eye is cleaned.

33. Subconsciously I touch my breasts a lot. I think I’m checking to make sure they’re still there. When you go through life without them for so long, it's a pleasant surprise to reach down & realize I have breasts big enough to cup.

34. I have selective hearing. Someone could sit right next to me & have a conversation and I would not hear a word. I think some people think I’m ignoring them but I can't really hear people unless my name is called & I am looking in their direction. This is especially true when I am in deep concentation mode or reading.

35. I bit my nails until I was 17. I would bite them until my fingers bled. My mother warned me I would not be able to have my nails done for prom if I continued to bite my nails so I began a campaign to stop. It was actually quite easy to stop once I set my mind to it & found a different substitute to sooth my habit (sunflower seeds). Now I'm upset when I break a nail & have to file it down. I'm lucky my nails grow quickly.

36. I hate when people touch my feet. I tolerate it for pedicures or the occasional foot massage.

37. I’ve fallen down stairs to save a slice of pizza. I was running down the stairs and tripped (I’m a klutz) and fell down the stairs rather than grab the banister because that meant there was a chance my slice of pizza would hit the floor. It is that serious when it comes to my food addiction.

38. I began reading at 3 years old. According to family lore, I told my mother I was going to read her a story. My mother thought I was going to grab my favorite book & “pretend” to read. She was surprised to learn I could actually read the story. I actually finished it, grabbed another book & read that to her too. By 5, I was already into chapter books.

39. I’m a semi picky eater. I will eat most things but not some. Some things have to be cooked a specific way in order for me to eat them. I also only eat certain foods from certain places. For example, I hate cheese on sandwiches BUT I will eat it on a Subway or Quiznos sandwich. I will also eat cubes of cheese but not plain square cheese.

40. I began liking Hello Kitty after watching a Hello Kitty cartoon. I have been obsessed every since. I plan on adding a matching Hello Kitty tattoo sometime this summer.

41. I’m the simplest person to shop for. I’m happy with a gift card to a bookstore.

42. I love J&J Baby Lotion. It started as a high school fad among my friends & I haven’t left it alone. It’s the only consistent lotion that I’ll use. I like to mix scented or cocoa butter cream with it from time to time.

43. I’ve never been fired or suspended from a job. There are plenty of incidents where I probably should have been fired but nothing has ever occurred.

44. I don’t mind going over to people’s homes but I refuse to enter the doorway of someone whom I don’t like house. Outside of my belief that it’s phony, I don’t disrespect anyone in their home no matter how much they deserve it. Stepping outside is completely different *lol* but I won’t raise my voice or get ugly in their house. Since I am robbed of that, I stay away.

45. I almost never wear socks. The only time I might wear socks are with sneakers. I think I own less than 10 pairs of socks.

46. I hate when the wind blows & messes up my hair. I don’t like when my hair is bouncy. I prefer hair that doesn’t move. However I don’t use gel, spritz or mousse.

47. I can not sleep if my hair is not wrapped up. No matter how tired, drunk or late it is, I must wrap my hair. My husband teases me because I can be in a deep sleep but let that hair scarf start sliding, I’ll wake up instantly, readjust & fall back to sleep. The same goes for when I am not going anywhere significant-hair scarf stays on.

48. I fall asleep easily. In fact, I love sleeping. I can take a nap, wake up, and fall right back asleep an hour later. As long as I receive 8 full hours of sleep, I can function for the day. Anything less & I’m grumpy. I can also sleep on any surface. When I’m sleepy, location is of no factor.

49. One of my husband’s & I favorite pastimes is roasting our friends on Face Book. If you ever checked our walls, albums, or tagged pictures you’ll see evidence of this. We’ll tag team someone in a heart beat.

50. I don't like gossip. I don't waste time talking about someone's else business esp. since I don't like people speculating about my business. The same goes for celebrities. I may read gossip blogs & tabloid magazines but I don’t keep an active interest in their lives. I read about it & go about my business.

1 comment:

Ms.Honey said...

What you dont like gossip LOL sike let me stop....I love the randomness