Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Weekend....



I’ve had a pretty interesting weekend.

Well, actually I didn’t.

Thursday, the boyfriend and I went out to dinner. Why did he propose? So yes, I am officially a Bridezilla. He stunned the sh*t out of me because I honestly did not see it coming. We on a boat cruise around the Potomac and although I struggled to find something on the menu I would actually eat, I enjoyed myself. I’m a picky eater and I don’t eat a lot of items **surprisingly given my humongous appetite** and the menu was pretty fancy, I did get my first taste of caviar. It’s not as bad as I thought you know. We ordered dessert and next thing you know I see this big ass platter coming our way. Now my greedy ass is thinking, “Damn they give you all that?! I’m ‘bout to max!” as the platter comes my way. The platter is set before me and I see a ring box.

I kid you not, the first thing I thought was, “Damn this ain’t mine…Some nigga is about to be pissed” when I see my boyfriend get on one knee. Everyone around us was quiet as hell while I’m still thinking like, “Damn this is not for me”. Took me a minute to snap out of my stunned trance so I missed his speech. I just heard, “Will you marry me?”

And to prevent from dropping a tear **Tenacious does not do the public crying thing** I started laughing. Yeah that inappropriate laughing again. I started to joke and say “NO” but even I knew it wasn’t joking time.

So I’m officially engaged. Time to bust out the ‘Ripple and Electric Slide.

The wedding is officially a year and a half off. By 2008, I’ll be dragged kicking and screaming down the aisle. What, yall thought I was playing with the age 25 thing? I was dead ass serious. Plus that’s a lot to plan. It will be in Chicago and I want a chocolate cake. Other than that, um yeah I’m at a lost. I have a vague idea of the colors I would like and whom I would like in my wedding but we know I can’t kick the loser friends of his out of my wedding, so we’ll see. It’s still new to me so give me a minute before I can give details. Then yall can read about me bitching about the caterers and the lack of an open bar due to the “alcoholics” in the family, so congrats to me.

Not to my surprise, a few haters have been drawn my way…via Facebook. Some people are not too pleased that we’re getting married. Oh well, sh*t they weren’t invited anyway.

My best friends think I’m not ready, I’m too immature to settle down. They’re half right. I’m not ready, that’s why we’re not getting married right away. But until then, I can wear my sparkly ring and smile.

I died Friday. My f*cking tickets sold out in 10 minutes and your girl was left without a ticket. B*tch was up at 8 am basically for nothing because as soon as I logged on at 9:55 am, the tickets page did not refresh until 10:45 am, by then I had called Ticketmaster, and they informed me the tickets sold out at 10:10 am, it’s a small venue and they weren’t expecting that big of a turn out.

So you know I was in a foul mood all of Friday. Now I’m reduced to stalking and petty theft because I am jacking someone for their tickets. I can’t believe it, my f*cking husband so close and so far away. You know I was pissed.

I went out with my girls from work to celebrate on Friday and boy I guess a ring brings the boys to the yard because they were on a sista. I mean every rip there was some dude in my face talking some type of foolishness. I’m trying to enjoy my drink and someone was tapping me on the shoulder every ten seconds. Or maybe it had to do with the “Bride” tiara that was perched on my head. But whatever. I had to flash the ring about 30 times, not like it did anything, but still, sheesh, give me some air.

I didn’t stay out long this time because I had to be at work in the morning but when I got off of work, of course my sun worshipping ass decided to hang out on my balcony and ended up taking a nap outside. Woke up with a tiny sunburn and a deep tan. Damn bikini lines stood out really good but I was slightly aching from the sunburn on my shoulders. Next time a b*tch is getting some sunblock.

Went out again that night but I made it a movie night with a friend. I finally saw Man of Fire with Denzel and Dakota Fanning. I was surprised at how good the movie actually was and almost found myself dropping a tear at the end of the movie. I was a little sickened at Marc Anthony’s sickly looking ass running with no shirt but I got over that. Check it out if you have a chance.

Went to work on the good old night shift Sunday and Monday, of course dying of boredom both nights. Dealing with guests, random problems going on in the hotel, and numerous arguments about tax exemption in Arlington County.

**sigh**

I know I had a pretty dull weekend.

Talked on the phone with a lot of people, got back in contact with a few people who found out about the engagement, and lounging around like a bum.

And surprise, surprise…I have a new f*cking stalker. Well I won’t call him one just yet but he’s getting to be pretty damn close to one. I’ll just call him an “overeager admirer”. I throw “stalking” around too much.

He has called me at least 5 times a day all week to no avail, sent numerous text messages, and even stopped by my old job.

CUTIE has joined the ranks. How amusing.

I would have never expected him to act so obsessive I guess that goes to show you…You never know. He’s really insistent that we should meet up but since I broke off communications with him in May/June, I haven’t really heard from him until recently. The last time he called me, we had a short conversation but that was it.

Now he’s calling me more than when we were still cool and talking which is a riot to me. I was going to call him back the first day he called me but he had broke my “3 Phone Calls A Day” rule by calling me all damn day so I brushed him off. I hate when people blow up my phone. Damn give me a chance to call you back first, calling me hour after hour is not going to make me roll over and answer my cell any more than I usually would. And he was calling early too, like 7am in the morning. Have he lost it? A b*tch doesn’t answer her phone before 10 am on her days off and that’s if I’m feeling generous. Even sent me a text talking about he’s in Virginia **he lives in DC** and wants to take me out to breakfast. Ummm what makes you think I want to go to breakfast with you? Even twisted his mouth to ask “Could he come over”?

Ummmm…What for?

So I’m at a lost here. People help my dinky ass out. Why the sudden interest? We were cool before, just shoot the breeze on the phone, he would talk about the women he’s banging or whatnot and ask me for the “female” perspective on things and that was it. Why the sudden “love struck” act? Because that’s what he acting like. And the icing on the cake…He has a girlfriend now. So why is he blowing up my phone and not hers? Damn I know I’m charming and sh*t but this has gotten out of hand. I’m amused more than anything and if he thinks doing this will earn his a pass into the Victoria Secrets then he has another thing coming.

I think it’s because I told him I’m engaged. He increased his phone calls ten fold since Thursday.

Men are strange creatures.

**shrugs** Oh well. He was cool while it lasted. He was the closest thing to T.I that I was going to get since he looks like him only with more meat on the bones.

My weekend was ok, how was everyone else’s? Anything fun and exciting?

10 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Congratulations, Tenacious. All that acting hard ahead of time and you almost cried. Who knew you were such a big softy. LOL

They got JT tickets on Encore Tickets, but them shits is like $175. You might have to stand in front of the venue with a baseball bat and jack somebody for their tix.

eclectik said...

Sounds like a very full weekend.
...you know, you defintley go out a lot.
AND all that work? how do you have time for anything else?

Congrats on the new stalker! lol

Damn what do you do to these men?

TENACOUS LOVE DOT COM!

thee modern isis said...

lol congratulations chica. U have GOT to have pictures of someone draggin u down the isle... an post them on blogger cause I swear.. I think i'll pay for those. It's supposed to be romantic and u missed the entire speech.. I'm surprised u aint buckle over and laugh in his face. I can't get with you on the "beating someone down for JT tickets".. even though he is a cute whiteboy. I can only stalk one dude.. and Nas has all of my attention.

Now.. if I could only snuff Kelis and be there to console Nas.. hmm

NegroPino™ said...

Congrats.....Now tell me your secret.......

Angel said...

OH MY GOODNESS! that's great ms. tenacity! sorry that you didn't get tickets to see your "other husband" though...maybe that was/is karma...? ;-)

thee modern isis said...

lmao@ like in Juice. That was my movie.. with Q, Bishop an Raheim.. mm mm mm..

lol@ bosom though. I'll just drop a date rape pill in his Cristal and go for mine like a thief in the night!

Little Brown Girl said...

CONGRATS MOMMA!! You "is" getting married now!! (said in my best Sophia voice).

Better you then me LOL!! No seriously I love the story...sounds romantic. See, and they say black people shack up but don't marry LOL!!

Miz JJ said...

Congrats on the engagement. Don't listen to the haters. Lol. You know what's best for you. You need to post a pic of your finger and the rock.

The_Practitioner said...

Congrats Bridezilla! ;o)


SD

Anonymous said...

Congrats! But why am I mad you busted out laughing (I do that when I am nervous) LOL