Sunday, May 07, 2006

Another Long Ass Post...



Sorry I haven’t been around this weekend. The computer decided to act an ass and wanted to be super duper slow and I think the b*tch crashed on me so I left the damn thing alone. Gateway of course was no help since I didn’t know what the hell was wrong with it and the Gateway representative sure wasn’t any help **thanks Brian, I see you earn whatever it is you earn by doing nothing** The computer kept booting up, shutting down, and booting up. It would then boot up on its own (f*cking ghost computer), run a program, and then shut down again.

^^Not a fun experience when you’re sleep at 2 am and your computer springs to life Poltergeist style and you’re in the house by yourself. Let’s just say Tenacious slept on the damn couch that night. Hell the computer can have the bedroom as far as I am concerned.

Then I’m watching Fox News and I realized something: I don’t watch the news anymore. While I turn it on every morning while getting ready for work, I never really watch it. I half listen to the traffic and weather reports (always wrong as f*ck as usual), a little bit of the local news (yet another Black person shot down in DC somewhere), and health news (where the statistics and studies are usually a load of crock). But I don’t really watch it. I am so behind on recent events that I almost feel embarrassed. Noticed I said almost. While I pride myself on keeping up with current events (which is much better than some people my age), on the real, I just don’t care. The media and the government lies. Point blank. I take everything the government and media spits out with a grain of salt. Hell the news could tell me an atom bomb is hurling toward DC and I would have to see the bomb land in order to believe them. Well I would probably be dead or horribly disfigured but you get the point.

I try not to get too political on my blog mainly because I am not a political person. That’s just not me. While I have an opinion about everything and will argue someone down to the ground about anything, politics never were my “thing”. I slept in all my history classes. Hell I knew the outcome. It’s not like my sh*tty high school books were updated. It was 2001 and we’re talking about the 80s like it was 1975 or something. Our history books stopped at The Reagan Administration. So it’s like Bush 1 and Clinton didn’t exist. And I won’t even get on the tirade of going to an inner inner city high school in Chicago. Everything outdated. Students couldn’t read but could lean-toe and crip-walk with the best of them. Girls getting pregnant like it were going out of style. It was like the “thing” to be either pregnant or a dyke. I did not partake in this trend of course. My graduating class was 132. Freshman year there was 476 of us. By the time senior year came, it was 150.

At U of I at least my schooling was better but I always felt so behind. Sh*t that I was suppose to have learned my freshman year of high school, I’m just now learning as a freshman in college. So not only did I have to learn this new material, I had to still keep up with the class and pretend like I knew what the hell was going on. Secretly when I wasn’t off drinking and partying, I was hiding in the library stacks reading up on things I never knew about. I’m trying to get all the background information I can so I don’t appear any more ignorant to my classmates who for the most part were know it all jerks. For the most part all of my history teachers were uber liberals. They said what the hell they wanted about whatever they wanted. Was a big eye opener to me. I knew about the dark side of history but all of my teachers would sweep it under the rug. Like slavery was similar to working at UPS or something. Well you know when we got to the dedicated two chapters about Black history. Hell we were slaves and then we dropped off the face of the earth until MLK and Rosa came along and we had the Civil Rights Movement (I guess Black folks were just under a rock until then or something) and now everything is honky dory.

I didn’t like any of the political courses because a lot of brain washing goes on (similar to the education ones) and some of the professors would try to convince you sh*t don’t stink with the government. Hell you don’t have to tell me sh*t. Not only is my family the walking Negro Spiritual/Folklore, they are extreme conspiracy theorists. Enough to be labeled as paranoid but inquisitive enough to make you think. I won’t go in detail, hence any of their ramblings turns out to be true thus the disappearance of my entire family, but they have made me think, further igniting a further distrust of the government. The government has done some f*cked up sh*t to Black people (hell minorities in general) and then they wonder why we don’t trust them. It’s like genetic—Black folk distrust of white people and the government. Hell I couldn’t spell “white” but my grandmother told me to “never trust white folks”. Needless to say, I hold white people at a distance.

Call me a racist. And then ask me do I give a f*ck. I think you know the answer to that.

So as time went on my interest waned in the news. They lie anyway. And they always have a f*cking opinion about some sh*t. If I hear one more so called “view” on immigration I’m going to scream. If there are 11+ million illegal immigrants in America, good luck trying to get them to leave. Rich folks and businesses are not going to just let the government get rid of their cheap labor. F*ck you mean Hector ain’t here to trim the hedges? And the f*ck is Consela to get these f*cking kids?! AWW HELL NAW! You mean I have to hire someone who will work for more than $6 an hour? F*ck man! This is going to cut into the money I'm already embezzling from the company and sh*t. Do I have a problem with them? No. What the hell have they done to me personally? They haven’t taken a job from me. I ain't had an interview while an illegal immigrant was in the lobby with me and he or she gotten the job. I have to pay taxes regardless. It’s not like I get a full tax breakdown on my pay stub. Like it says $4 went to the illegal immigrants who live down the street. Health insurance is f*cked up anyway. Hell I just got health insurance. I rather pay for an immigrant to go to a school rather than that child out in the damn streets as a potential robber. One that doesn't speak English at that. Then I get shot because they're screaming at me in Spanish and I'm trying to figure out what they hell they saying (what...my keys? wallet? What the f*ck is "por favor" again in Spanish?) using my own 3rd grade level Spanish (never mind I took 3 1/2 years of it). Hell my tax dollars goes to the jail and the Iraq War. Stop BSing me. It goes to all the places where I don’t want it to go.

When I was in school, I used to hear a lot of white people bitching about taxes because they didn’t want their tax dollars to be diverted from their district schools to other less fortunate schools (when ever unequal quality in education came up). “Well if I don’t have kids, why would I want to pay for someone else child to go to school?” AKA “I don’t want my f*cking money to go to the Blacks”. Personally if it gives a child a chance, I wouldn’t care. I’d rather my tax dollars educate a child any day regardless of whether I have one or not.

But then again, I am young. I don’t own a home. I don’t pay property taxes, mortgages, car notes, or anything like that. Most of these grips do not affect me (at least I don’t think so).

Call me young or naïve but as long as they pay taxes it seems like no one would have a problems. But oh since so many “doesn’t” it’s enough to fall out for dead huh?

C.R.E.A.M

Everything as usual boils down to economic gain.

***Hops Off Soap Box***

Just know Tenacious don’t do politics. But ask me a question and I will try my best to answer it without my age showing too much :-)

This is becoming a very long post *lol* I forgot what the hell I started to write about but I was watching Fox News and Friends or whatever the hell it’s called with the two white ladies and the Black man. Someone please b*tch slap all three. They are three of the whiniest people I have ever heard. Shut the hell up! Damn man is worse than the women. Tuck in your skirt my brother. I see what folks mean when they joke about Black Republicans.

Then I go to Rite Aid to buy a relaxer because the kitchen was dirty and the roaches (beada bees) were screaming for some Raid (Dark and Lovely) and I peeped this guy eat his boogers. Can you say eww? And he was eating them like it was a delicacy or something. Then he peeps me with the ewww face and he continues to do it! Nasty ass! And this was a clean cut man at that!

Then I get hit on by this dirty ass old man. I’m at the cleaners putting my suits in and I’m chatting on the phone, listening to my shuffle, and trying to tell the lady how to spell my last name even though we go through this every week and she ends up just looking up my phone number. So I’m leaning over the counter talking to CUTIE about some funny sh*t FH told me last night about one of my exes and trying to tell her that it’s a “D” not a "B" (yeah I’m a multi-tasker conversation-ist) and his old Grateful Dead beard ass looking like one of one Willie Nelson’s brothers had the nerve to say to me, “Damn I wish I had a camcorder to film that pretty ass. I’d make a DVD and just watch it all day. You’re one of the finest little fillies I have ever seen!”

CUTIE who heard every word is cackling because he just know I’m ‘bout to snap. The little Chinese lady starts inching from the counter because she doesn’t want “no pro-brems”. I guess she’s been around enough Black people to know I was about to shut it down. The three people in line starts backing away. Reminded me of the scene in The Color Purple when Sofia comes into the jook joint and Squeak tries to hop all bad and everyone clears the f*ck out because it's about go down.

Surprising, I did nothing. Didn't even raise my voice.

I just looked his little dirty ass in the eye and said, “That was uncalled for. I’m going to apologize to everyone in here for your ignorance” and I did. I told everyone who was in there "I am sorry that you all were subjected to such filth from a dirty ass old man who have nothing better to do than sexually harass young women who would not hesitate to f*ck his ass up if only I was not already out on parole and I have 2 more weeks left until I’m free from my parole officer”.

I took my ticket and walked out leaving everyone’s mouth hanging open. Of course CUTIE was having an asthma attack laughing.

I had another dentist appointment. I had on pants this time. No sticky thighing here. I go back on the 23rd to get the sutures out and my wisdom teeth taken out. I’m mad because this is the day before I go to Orlando. Hell that ain’t going to stop me! But it’s either now or in July. My dentist chastised me because he could tell I was eating sweets (I was put on a strict no-sugar diet) but umm yeah I had to let him know I have seizures if I have salt, sugar, or hot sauce on something. He, of course, was not amused.

I am getting old. 23 in 3 days. The boyfriend comes back in 3 days. I might just have to rape him at DCA.

8 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

I thought I commented yesterday, but apparently I didnt. Too bad b/c it was a great comment....

that scene at the cleaners was hilarious. and dude really ate his boogers? A grown ass man?

Anonymous said...

girl u are hilarious! im always reading your blog cause u keep me laughing. we are a lot alike cause i woulda clicked out on ol boy @ the cleaners too. lol.

Anonymous said...

what u got planned for your B'Day? mine is coming up soon and i have no idea what to do.

Elle Jefe said...

girl i have been known to roll down my window and yell at a grown ass man in the next car over for picking his nose, that man would have had to get it from me!

Rashan Jamal said...

Happy Birthday Tenacious! I hope you get everything you want.

Ms.Honey said...

Aww I hope you have a WONDERFUL Birthday...sometimes guys want to be raped LOL...at least this one will. Well at least you got to be on your soap box and show that you care about something before you go party it up for your birthday lol..I hear you about the news though I only somewhat listen to and I hate the fact that bad news is the only news that they seem to put on.....

Elle Jefe said...

BTW - Happy Belated!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthdayyyyyyyy!!!!!