Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Couldn't Come Quick Enough...

I am so glad this week is over.

My weekend officially begins and I won’t have to think of that place that I call a job until Monday.

*sigh* All week I had a I QUIT this bitch! moment.

So serious, I felt like walking out the door and never coming back.

It was an “If Someone Pissed in Your Cornflakes That Morning Please Talk to Tenacious *Who Has the Patience of a Three Year Old* and Make Sure to Be Extra Loud, Dramatic, Rude, and IGNORANT” day every single day this week.

Had to get quite crunk at work several times because people wanted to get extra loud with me and that is one thing you do not do.

Lesson #3- Maintain Low Tones With Me.

Please do not raise your voice if my voice is not raised especially because you hear something you do not like.

I guess it doesn’t help that Aunt Flow was hanging around this week as well and I was very moody.

Monday was JBN’s birthday. I told him he’s one year closer to rounding to 30. Of course I was reminded that I will soon have the same fate in May.

I took him to a nice restaurant, Tallula’s, and we had a great time. The food was excellent there and although he was the birthday boy, I got a free cocktail from the waiter. Go figure. They had duck on the menu and the waiter was a little pressed to get us to try it but duck is not on my menu. Only birds that I eat are chicken and turkey. No damn duck. But a great restaurant, I would recommend it to anyone who lives in the area.

I told him he gets, like, three months of straight gifts. Christmas is December, birthday in January, and our anniversary in February.

I am Queen of Last Minute Gift Buying.

At work I am considered weird because I don’t watch the coveted shows such as “24, Grey’s Anatomy, American Idol, and Prison Break.”

I mean folks talk about those shows like they’re the soaps. I mean really discussing these people lives like they personally know them. That’s all I hear at lunch and it’s always a shocked gasp when I mention I did not watch that but I did watch “Dirt” last night and that was the shit.

“Dirt” is officially MY TV show for the year. I never miss an episode.

It’s not that I don’t watch the shows because I don’t like them. It’s mainly my work schedule. I’m usually at work when those shows come on. And since they have several seasons under the belt I feel lost when I do watch the show. I hate watching a show and I don’t know the background information about the characters.

People ask my opinions on a lot of shit on these shows and their stars but since my answers are usually not “kosher” or nonchalant, they’ve stopped asking my opinion. I mean for the most part I’m either “what’s the big deal” or “who cares”?

I spoke to my best friends this week, I’ve been dodging their calls because they’ve been calling me during my naptime but FH is alive and well in Iraq she should be home in July and TWIN may head to Japan for two years.

Konichiwa bitches

We had to play catch-up because I haven’t spoken to them since around New Years. Fun times on the phone.

We’re waiting for R Kelly to go back to the days of the bald head and leather vest lurking in the background of the video with his dark shades since we’ve heard the remix of “Promise” by Ciara.

It is still so wrong on so many levels that he is still doing songs with Ciara. Am I the only one slightly disturbed by this? I mean was bad enough on her first cd he’s crooning “Don’t say no baby/not right now baby/I want you to be my lady/you got me going crazy” but singing on another track where she’s basically promising to give up the ass?

I wonder is Ciara is aware of his reputation? Does she not remember his history? Better yet his perchance for the golden shower?

Better yet the classic “Rapist” song *as I dub it* from TP-2.com, “Don’t You Say No” where he basically sings how some unfortunate chick *probably a teenager* is going to give up the ass simply because he took her to the Cheesecake Factory and fronted the bill.

Like many of R Kelly’s song, once you actually listen to the lyrics, you know you’re dealing with a strange individual. “Trapped in the Closet”, “Sex in the Kitchen” anyone?

I am old. 95% of the songs on the radio I have no idea who the artists are. Back in the day all I needed to hear was the beat and I knew the song, artists and can even replay the video in my mind. Now…I’m like “Who is this?”, “What and the hell is he saying?” and of course “This is a piece of shit song”.

I’ll still dance to it at the clubs *lol* but it’s a quick pause and reference check before I continue to sway to the music.

Of course 95% of the music on the radio is crap anyway.

Although…Chris Brown’s “Popping” is my current cut. Don’t let that song come on while I’m driving, I’m swerving all over the road warbling out the lyrics. You know I am in my own world when I am listening to music.

Smoking Aces comes out today and I will be going to see it regardless. If for nothing other than Common and hopefully a scene with no shirt *or pants* but it looks like a good movie.

Other than getting the fuck away from work at three and the movies tonight, I don’t have any definite plans this weekend. I want to go to the Spy Museum on Saturday but that’s only if I roll out of bed in time.

I hate the winter. I am so unmotivated to leave the house.

When is spring again? That’s when the real fun starts.

Have a great weekend everyone

6 comments:

p_nami said...

I quit this bitch? I see somebody was having an "Inetta the Moodsetta" moment! LOL I fell out of my damn chair when I heard that!

As for JBN's bday...I told you it was easy to get free stuff :-)

Grey's Anatomy is the shit! But why oh why did one of the cast members (Isiah Washington...played the married friend in Love Jones) go to rehab for his homophobia?! Black man or not...that's some bullshit! I would be pissed if some white person went to "rehab" for being a racist...WTF?!

Poppin by Chris Brown...I like. But Bobby Valentino has a song called Wreck that is pretty good too and could possibly be your driving them :-)

Rashan Jamal said...

How you gonna say you old and then say that Chris Brown song is your current cut? I'm the old one. I can't even listen to strip club songs like that anymore without mocking them. How ya been, T?

SynSational said...

Wuz up, girlie. I'm glad it's Friday, and um, guess what...I have a secret...shhhh! I might blog about it, I might wait. I'll hit you up and tell you about it though.

eclectik said...

Look at you witht he thoughts :)

Long time no comment 10ayshhh

You're not weird because you don't watch those shows...there's a whole list of other reasons :)

miss you,

stop by say hi...see you on the board.

e.

eclectik-relaxation.com

The Messageboard (Grown Folk talk)

Ms.Honey said...

(Stomping)..I wanna wear open toe shoes!!!!!!! LOL

Ok, I'm done. Anywho spring isn't here yet, being at work on a monday sucks and knowing that if you dont' come to work you will be homeless sucks even more. I love Greys Anatomy almost as much as I love ER you'd think I want to be a doctor.

I'm so SICK of hearing Mr. I like lil girls (R. Kells) on people's remixes especially I make it rain....cause ewww I just think of yellow rain if you know what I mean

Angel said...

"poppin" is my shyt too! aint got ass the first but be wiggling and gyrating like i'm j. lo's baby sister!!!

yeah, you're missing out if you're not watching "grey's anatomy" though boo. the sheer fact that it's writen by a sister gets major props from me because she was able to make this show a BLOCKBUSTER in sucha short time!