Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year And All That Good Stuff

**Side note: Great. I entered 2007 with a nice lovely cold.

Yes the germ infested children that I adore has plagued me with yet another virus. I swear these kids steady keeps me with a cold. Never fails every time I go home, I’m sick by the time I hit the DC area.

This entry would have been posted yesterday but I was too sick to crawl out of the bed. Besides I’ve only managed to stay up for 20 minute intervals.**

Well I’m back like cooked crack.

Even though…technically uncooked crack is basically cocaine right? And when did crack go out of style? And crack cooked is the only way it can become…well crack right?

*sigh* Too much thinking makes my head hurt.

Let’s see my Christmas was prosperous. I got a nice come-up once again from family and friends. Even though I have to politely tell folks every year to stop buying me so much body wash with everything. I have too much as it is. I don’t need money and Bath and Body Works *although I will take it* I seriously have a year’s supply of body wash, lotions, and sprays.

Or are folks trying to tell me I stink? *lol*

Christmas I was in DC and I actually volunteered my services to work. Never again will I do that shit. Let’s see I had less than 20 people to come in and how about….4 came in my entire shift? Yes eight hours of *paid* boredom but still boredom.

Since I have practically been off of work since roughly Christmas you know what I have been doing….sleeping and eating.

Yup on my days off a sista chill in her PJs and maybe go out for air every once and awhile. I know…so lazy.

JBN and I drove to Chicago this time. Ok well he drove and I slept off and on. Never will I do that again. I see I am too “good” for road trips. I just can’t do it. Forced to listen to Jay Z, Weezy, Joe Budden, Beenie and a list of rap stars I can care less about for half of the trip after I wore him out listening to my cds.

Not to mention the driving part. I don’t know ever since my car accident last year I am so anxious about being on the expressway with anyone so it comes off as back seat driving when I’m really paranoid. I mean I am watching you like a hawk while driving. Not only that he’s stubborn so he don’t really believe in making pit stops so I’m up making sure he doesn’t fall asleep and we crash into the mountains. Not to mention I am terrified of being next to trailer trucks. I hate those trucks with a passion.

Blame my overactive imagination but I am convinced one day one of the trucks will flip over and crush me. And it doesn’t take much for one of them to flip over.

I just freak out when I’m close to a truck and of course there were dozens of trucks so you know I was fighting sleep to keep my eye on the trucks.

I’m weird I know.

Once again, never will I ride in a car again to Chicago. I’ll take my chances with the plane from now on.

I’ll stick with flying.

But I’ll still claw the escape door off and jump off if need be.
.
By the time we finally made it to Chicago I was too tired to do anything Friday so I stayed in the house. A couple of my old peoples from down the block spotted me walking down the street and to “celebrate” my engagement *Um yeah that happened back in August but free booze is free booze* we got some old time favorites and got drunk and reminisced on the good times. Now sober I can’t believe we did half the shit we did in High School. Maybe I was bad as shit in High School only I didn’t get caught.

Maybe I am more devilish that I give credit for *lol*

Saturday I went out with friends and surprise surprise got slapped. My girl and I did a rendition of Vanity 6’s Nasty Girl table top dancing, singing at the top of our drunken lungs. I’m surprised we weren’t booted out but then again…it’s Chicago. They have fist fights, stabbings and shootings in the parking lot to be worried about.

I don’t even know what we were drinking but whatever it was we got slapped pretty quickly. And once the DJ started playing our songs, oh it was a wrap.

Stumbled home in the wee hours of the morning and had to holler for my mother to open the door because I couldn’t get the key to fit.

I was trying to use my house keys. Yeah I was that fucked up.

My mother just clicked her tongue and pushed my drunken ass in the bed.

See friends are bad influences. I had no intentions of drinking that night.

Especially since she thrust me into a double date.

Lesson #5- I don’t do double dates. Ever.

Due to some, um, rather problems with them I avoid them like a plague.

But *sigh*….LONG STORY. I’ll have to make a separate post about that since that was the most interesting thing I did while in Chicago.

My New Years was great. I got drunk *as usual* and hung with friends. I mean we got extremely drunk. I had my personal 5th of vodka and I had a little Moet and some Henn of course. Just sloppy. I must have drunk dialed/texted about a dozen people.

Of course to wake up to voicemails and reply texts. Um yeah…my bad. I couldn’t even tell you half the crap I’ve said and texts but from what I have been told it was quite some hilarious stuff.

We were so drunk by midnight folks were singing the “New Year’s Song” *damn if I did not forget the name…eh too lazy to google it, yall know what I’m talking about* even though of course we know no one knows the words. Just mindless chatter and what we thought the lyrics were. We are so sending that in to Def Jam.

And I won’t get on the argument on whether a not Missy was performing on one of the channels we were watching for New Years. It was Shereefa. Um yeah….we were that fucked up. And we followed that up with whether that was Shareefa or Shawnna. This led into a discussion on celebrity gossip. Which led into a discussion on baby names.

You know I was out of the last one right?

I was scantily clad *as usual* and damn near froze to death *as usual* but I was looking good…until about 12:45. There were a bunch of unknown chicks there side eyeing me but trust Ray Ray did not have to worry about me coming over to holler so they could have loosened the grip they had on their man. Either I knew every guy there or I just wasn’t that drunk where everyone looks good. I hate when females do that because if I wanted him trust baby I would take him. Don’t watch me, watch TV.

I can’t help if I was looking kinda fly. Ok fly until the alcohol started taking control.

Then it went all downhill.

I think I went to sleep/passed out at about 3am. Woke up with a hangover, voice mails and texts. I am dangerous with a phone while drinking. I’m glad I don’t have any old dips in my phone because I probably would’ve cursed their asses out *as usual*.

After bumming around the house for a nice minute, I finished the rest of my packing and prepared for another head splitting trip back to DC which took forever because we took a lot of pit stops and went to sleep for about two hours once we hit Maryland.

Never again yall.

The past couple of weeks have been pretty boring actually. And I’m sick as shit but that’s not going to stop me from hitting this work related function tonight and maybe going out this weekend. I got my tissue and Vicks ready. I’ve wrapped myself in a thick blanket to “sweat” the fever out and I even took some ‘Tussin although cough syrup doesn’t work.

And you already know I hit the doctor’s office this morning begging for some Morphine or Penicillin.

Although I hate when I go to the doctor and the first place they want to send me is to the lab for Urine and Blood samples. Damn did you not get blood last month? Why can’t you use that old blood shit filling up an entire test tube and shit for only two drops of blood? And thanks, now I gotta drink hella water and pace the room since I’ve already taken a piss.

And the most important question: What does this have to do with my cold?

Shit like that makes me paranoid and make me think I have something serious. Because you know I’m fucking up the doctor’s office if anything comes back positive right? Maybe even the doctor if it’s the wrong type of positive.

Even ordered a pregnancy test. Which is a joke and a half. We all know ain’t no baby popping out of this vagina anytime soon. But apparently since I take my pills continuously *like I haven’t done that before* I’m putting myself at risk.

Once again, what does this have to do with the runny nose and cough?

Damn just can’t go in for something simple. I’m like, “Well maybe I should get an X-Ray and MRI just in case while I’m here” and she’s like, “Well…Do you have time?”

WTF? Oh yeah so I can get that bill at the end of the month? Yeah aiight ain’t gonna be zapping me with all kind of radiation so I can get cancer or some shit. Shit do they know how long it took to grow my hair? I will NOT be walking around with a fucked up wig on looking like Ashy Larry and shit. Or worse a crackhead. You know folks will not believe I’m on Chemo. They’d be like yeah she on something aiight…that crack is what the fuck she’s on.

Speaking of crackheads, gosh I miss Chicago Crackheads. I could have gotten a brand new DVD player still in the box *never mind someone’s crib might’ve gotten broken into for it* for a hot $10. But my hating ass Mama *lol* told him No. I was heated. How dare she tell him no? Shit do she not know for an extra dollar or two he’ll come hook it up AND give you free Showtime?

Crackheads are very resourceful. When they want to be.

Ok I’m getting sleepy again. I’ll post the Saturday story later.

I’m glad to see everyone alive and well for the ’07. Hope the holidays were exciting for you 

4 comments:

Ms.Honey said...

Aww no crackheads darn you LOL...glad you had a nice time at home...sleeping is the best way to spend time off trust me I wish I were doing it right now cause I'm bored as all get out and it's not even 5pm yet...errr. Hope you feel better...take some meds, stay in bed and don't come out in the rain..Have a wonderful weekend..yea about that drunk dialing and texting LOL I too am guilty...why do I always end up trying to get someone to come over LOL

Xave said...

Ima hafta cum back ta read this, but in tha mean time...

MWOUAH!!!

Didja feel that? Did yo man look at chu funny like "what da fu..!!"? LOL

Can you tell I missed you? Wishin you much love in 2007 Alizé-style!!!

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

u know what's crazy...i've made that mistake too...shareefa does look like a 2001 version of missy..i got that same feeling with truckers...i've got to drive past them...at least doing 90....bad experience with truckers..

La Diva Latina said...

"Don’t watch me, watch TV" ROTFLMAO Another Tenacious-ism..
YOU Kill me with them keys!!! OMG. Too funny.
Happy New Year...missed ya!!
Going out tonights so I may have more pics 4ya, but Im wishing I had fly new gear though then I could kill 'em all like u.
XO
~M