Thursday, January 10, 2008

Short Trip...

This weekend I'm going to Philly.

Not sure how what we're going to do as I don't like to venture outside too much in the winter.

The last time we went to Philly it was hot and sunny and plenty to do, although I never did get to hit up the Mall of Prussia or whatever it's called.

Is this a good mall *for any Philly readers* or it is like a "tourist" trap mall?

I mean I can do those types of malls but if it's the ghetto mall with about 8 nail salons, nothing but urban stores, often with the name spelled wrong or still trying to sell Dobb hats and Pimp suits...like someone my age is really going to rock a Purple suit, matching gators and hat.

And I don't want any fist fights in the food courts or you know a random jacking in the parking garage.

I'm going to have to do my research on nice indoor things to do because I don't do the cold.

I may need this short stint since *sigh* apparently one of my friends will be staying in the area for about 6 months doing god knows what.

Ok I know she's doing some type of political internship but my eyes roll in the back of my head and drool forms when she goes into her job description.

Now she had months to find a short-term apartment because I had made it quite clear she is NOT spending the entire 6 months crashed out on my couch so she can avoid paying rent.

Now JBN and I offered to help her find an apartment because we've been in the area long enough and besides we don't want her to go through the horrors we did looking for an apartment online. I'm not trying to have her in the projects or a rough part of time.

I mean we're from the streets but we ain't from the streets, ya dig? She's a fashion whore and I know someone wouldn't hesitate to hem her up at the bus stop for her Coach bag and loafers.

But you know how friends are..."Oh I got somebody looking out for me yada yada yada"...she swore up and down this chick she knows was hooking her up with an apartment...so I washed my hands clean of the situation.

Now of course she's calling me with the sob story of how her plans fell through yada yada yada she's homeless and she starts her internship Monday and can she crash at our apartment for a week and she swear she's gone by the following week.

*insert side eye*

Now cruel and evil Tenacious who can really give a fuck about the plight of others as long as it doesn't affect her had her mouth twisted to tell her "Hell No"!!

But compassionate Tenacious is like I'm not that cold. It is the winter...Spring/Summer would have been another story.

Consulted with JBN about this because if he said no, oh well girl I tried. But we're all mutual friends and although we're both pissed about the situation, I'm not going to leave her out in the cold.

I told her she has exactly one week. She comes into town on Saturday, she's on her own getting to our crib as we'll be in Philly.

Oh yes, one monkey doesn't stop the show.

She has until next Saturday and she's out the door. And I don't play with that shit. Too many people in my family have tried to pull that "1 month=2 years" bullshit and I'm only 10% compassionate and understanding. She's got to go at the end of the week.

I remember when one of my cousins tried to pull that shit a few years ago. Shit it's damn near 5 people in a two bed room apartment and she wanted to move her AND her kid in. Oh no best believe at the end of the month her bags were packed when she came back from where ever she was kicking it at.

So we'll see how this run. This will be a long ass week I can tell you that.

8 comments:

MzPoetiK said...

LOL...you're better than me..unless I had a extra room it would have to be a no-go

Sleepin on my sofa drinkin up all the kool-aid lol

Hope it turns out ok

Still Patrice said...

GIRL!!! I hope she can find a place in a week.. being that her intern starts monday and it's safe to assume it's during buisness hours.. might not be too much time to apartment hunt. hmmm... hope that all works out.
Have fun in Philly

Rashan Jamal said...

I just came back from the future and read your post 3 months from now. It read:

This damn girl is getting on my nerves. She was supposed to be gone after a week, now its been 3 months. Why she dont never buy no groceries. Had the nerve to ask me to borrow some cocoa butter. I swear if I wasn't so nice, I would beat that ass...

LMAO!!! I found it funny, even if you didn't.

Anonymous said...

how you going to be from chicago, and not be ok with the cold? By the way it's called King of Prussia Mall. It's a top notch mall though. You'll be fine there. Nobody will get shot.

Ms.Lady said...

i hope you stick to ya' guns mama..i gotta friend going through a similar situation where a person was supposed to stay a certain amount of time and is STILL there as im typing this..im taking it as a learning lesson from outside b/c NOBODY comin up in my house for NO amount of time...people take advantage nowadays...and i DONT do chicks up in my house and my man there?!?! OH HELL NAW!! uh uh..im TOO protective of whats mine!!

proacTiff said...

Lawd, who feels like entertaing another's story of woe-is-me-try'na-find-a-place-to-dwell-for-six-months? I sure as hell wouldn't. If she hasn't found a place by day six, even if it's a weekend day, hip her ass to the extended stay hotel. Even offer to drive and drop her off. Sorry-nara! Meantime, enjoy Philly.

Xave said...

Oh now THIS should be interesting. I want a seat in the second row. That's right, 2nd row. I want a good seat but I'm not trying to gt hit by flying debris LOL

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Ms.Honey said...

Dang homie I feel for her that's why you handle things on your own at least you know they get done. BWAH @ 1 month equals 2 years LOL and then her and her baby daddy are living with you and hubby in the basement..yes I added the last part on LOL