Monday, September 25, 2006

Drama At The Workplace....

What can I say about the past week other than I was beat like a dead horse.

As of today *Monday* I have been working eight days straight. I have been working from last Monday and will be working until Tuesday with no break. If one more person had asked me “Did I go home” or “Am I still working” I would have killed someone.

And blame it on lack of sleep.

I have never been this tired in my life. Not even in college when I would stay up all night typing that eight page paper that’s due at 9 and its 4 am and I only have a paragraph. And not to mention I actually have to read the book that I’m writing about, well, at least Spark Note it or something.

Come to think of it I received higher grades on the papers that I BSed than the ones that I actually wrote well before the due date.

Every night I have been going home and slipping into a deep sleep that's borderline coma only to be woken by the alarm clock either early in the morning or late in the afternoon. I have literally been sleeping until noon on the days that I do not have to be at work until 2 and rushing out the door with only minutes to spare.

If it wasn’t for my drug aka McDonald’s Sweet Tea and my sunflower seeds I would have killed someone at work.

Folks at the job have been tripping ever since we had a meeting Thursday that allowed people to “air out” grievances to the GM about other associates. And of course some people took this as an opportunity to be spiteful and mean spirited about other associates. I didn’t say much because the few people that I do have a problem with knows I have a problem with them so it was no need to put it on blast.

One is stinky girl who just needs to take a fucking bath and slap on some deodorant before she walks out the house. Damn that cultural shit! I don’t know one culture where it’s cool to be stinky. Shit “cleanliness is next to godliness” the last time I checked. So bitch wash your ass. Too damn grown to be smelling like outside every day of the week.

The other is another manager whom has done a complete 360 from the sweet, quiet little White Girl that she was when she first started working there. She has seriously been thinking that she is Queen Sheba or something. And we are her loyal subjects who should do her biddings no questions asked. And throws a “White Girl Hissy Fit” *meaning a lot of stomping around and crying at her desk or in the washroom* until someone feels sorry for her and do as she asked.

Well the other WGs fall for that. You know the Black folks just look at her like she’s crazy and roll their eyes. Tears don’t sway me honey. Leave that fake crying on the stage where it belongs.

Take the other day for example. Everyone in the Front Office decided to order pizza to avoid the slop that was being served in the cafeteria. We decided to go in for a couple of pizza with everyone splitting the costs of the pizzas. When approached she said ok but she wanted a Meat Lovers pizza. No one else wanted it so one of the girls told her that we would order the pizza but since no one wanted any of her pizza she was responsible for her own pizza price. This made sense since all of the pizza we ordered was of the standard cheese, pepperoni, and sausage kind meaning that at least four people would be eating from each pizza and no one but her from the one she wanted. And no one wanted all types of meat on their pizza.

So she called herself copping an attitude and demanded, not asked, that everyone chip in to pay for her pizza. Her justification was that since we were all getting pizza, if we split it technically we would all be paying just a dollar more than what we were already paying. But we said “No” mainly because we didn’t like the way she said it and was she not listening? No one would be eating from that pizza but her and I’ll be damn if I put in on something that I’m not eating.

So naturally she threw a fit and stomped outside to cry. Ask us did we lose any sleep AND we enjoyed our pizza.

Now I’m not one to claim that I do my job better than anyone else because then that would be a damn lie. I’m good at what I do but there are those days that I could give a damn about my job and I watch the clock until it is time for me to get off. But I rarely make mistakes on my job because I know what the hell I am doing.

Can I say the same for her?

Bitch always make mistakes and then try to blame everyone else for the mistake. Get caught up in her lies all the time because it took a while for her to know that anytime you mess with a guest’s account your employee number is written all over that bad boy. And even then she tried to lie talking about “some body must have been using her number.”

Oh you mean that number that has your own personal user name and password? Some body must have been hacking into the accounts huh? Just admit when you’re wrong and move on.

Not to mention she has a nasty attitude. She’s one of those people who you can tell what they’re thinking and feeling just by looking at her face. I know everyone has their bad days but don’t bring your relationship problems to work. I mean it’s bad enough when she spends half the shift caking with her boyfriend but when they get into a spat she is really on the warpath.

Another reason why I could never do the long distance thing. He lives in Richmond and apparently he drives up every weekend to be with her. Shit let that had been a Black man…”shit baby do you know how much gas is? How many miles I’m putting on my car? I’ll holla…”

*lol* Ok maybe not every Black man…

Everyone jokes that he must not be laying the smack down in the bedroom every weekend because Mondays she’s grouchy as hell. I mean if I was faithful in a long distance relationship and I wasn’t getting my back blown out every time I see my man then we would not be together. And the killing part is he’s a cute little white boy.

I mean he’s not a Justin but he could pass for an American Eagle model on a good day.

I feel sorry for him though sometimes he comes to pick her up and he just be looking like a sad ass golden retriever.

Knowing her she’s one of those white girls who are in a four year relationship and she hasn’t done the “do” with her boyfriend yet put her mouth on every part of his body but refuses to give up the cooch. Those types of white girls are a riot because it’s no way in hell I’m going to be with a man for three or four years and I haven’t sampled the merchandise.

Yeah I would have been one of those broads that were stoned to death in biblical times. Shit I can’t go more than a week or two without sex let alone a couple of years. Coochie would have Charlotte’s Web all through that bad boy. Spelling out “Help Me”. While I give props to folks who have manage to go through long periods of no sex due to a personal choice, once again, could not be me. I would be mad grouchy.

Saturday I was already grouchy because I had to be in at work so I wasn’t really in the mood for her crap that day. We had already had our meeting and since word flies around like crazy I knew she found out what folks said about her especially one guy who can’t stands her and went on an anger induced rant for close to 10 minutes about her. I didn’t know why she was copping it with me because I didn’t say anything bad about her but yet she was giving everyone the cold shoulder and I’m not one to kiss folks asses so I just ignored her most of the night.

Finally at the end of the night she *fake thinking aloud* asks, “I wonder why no one likes me” and went into this “Oh woe is me, cry me a river" monologue.

So you know me, I was just staring at her like she was crazy. I mean shit you know why folks don’t like you so don’t try to play buddy buddy with me so you can get dirt on other people.

So she’s doing the “sigh” thing and I’m just going on typing, trying to complete my share of the paperwork before my shift is over. I guess I’m not giving her the reaction she wants so she did the worst thing possible: Asked me did I like her and if I didn’t why not and please be honest.

*sigh*

Why is it when people tell me that they never want my honest opinion? And I can’t help but be honest because for the most part I am an honest person. I don’t like liars so I try to lie as little as possible.

So I’m avoiding the question and I even told her flat out you don’t really want my honest opinion and don’t ask me to unleash Pandora’s Box on your ass. That’s the thing about being callous; I just don’t give a fuck. I can dish it out and take it.

So I told her. Speaking from my own personal opinion because I’m not going to speak for every one else I let her know my own personal problems with her namely her laziness, her stank ass attitude, this retarded ass look that she gets on her face when she thinks no one is looking, her random crying fits that sways no one, and the fact that she tries to exert a “do as I say and not as I do” motto over people when she really should practice what the fuck she preaches. I mean don’t get pissed now because folks are taking long lunch breaks you should have nipped that shit in the bud a long time ago but don’t try to do it now that you’ve gotten yelled at yourself for your own obnoxiously long lunch breaks.

I also told her how I don’t like how she stands real close to me and stands behind me. I hate for anyone to stand behind me, I keep telling people I am paranoid and reflex is to throat chop a muthafucker because I don’t like for people to be behind me. And why the fuck are you standing behind me all the time anyway? I mean sometimes she be so close on me I feel her breathe on my neck…and that’s too close man. Shit be looking straight creepy and lesbian like. I mean what is she sniffing my hair or something? Looking for places to stick the knife…what? I just don’t know. And stay the fuck off my computer! Stop reading over my shoulder, it’s irritating and rude. Do I be all up in your emails? No so stay the hell out of mine! I’ll walk away and just catch her staring at my work documents looking all guilty because I know she pulled the screen up. All up in my IMs and shit. Just nosy as fuck. I had to tell her a few times curiosity killed the cat. Of course she’s looking all clueless and I had to break it down. I mean damn get a life! She’ll see me typing and hot tail it over to my computer to lurk around.

There is only one Diva at this job and it is I.

With a stiff little smile she thanked me for being honest and promptly went in the bathroom to cry.

And I did not care one bit. Suck that shit up and stop crying like a fucking baby all the time. Can dish the shit out but can’t take it when it’s dished back to her.

So she has been avoiding me like the plague since Saturday which is fine by me.

Looking pitiful and shit. Oh cry me a river.

But I still have one more day until I have a break from work. Let’s see if I can survive until Wednesday. I think I’m going to hit up Starbucks tomorrow. I’m having a sudden craving for it.

How was everyone’s weekend? Anything new and exciting happen?

6 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Tenacious, you didn't have to make that girl cry like that. Although, I wish I could do that sometimes. Especially the sensitive azz dudes at my job.

Oh yeah, FIRST!!!!

eclectik said...

Now THIS is what I'm talkin' about! Love it!
Drama indeed...I wanna come to your job and people watch...pop some pop corn and shit.

"spends half the shift caking with her boyfriend "

...'caking' puahahahahahaha

That would have to be some OUTSTANDING scootage for me to drive from Richmond every weekend!

LOL@ Stoned to death

Today you're pretty damnned funny!

Who knew?

eclectik-relaxation.com

Anonymous said...

Watch it, you don't want to be put on some white girls hit list. People will side with her, especially her brethren.

My weekend? I drank a lot of beers. I went to Clinton st. on the Lower East Side and went bar hopping. I also studied like crazy and read The Odyssey. And I rediscovered my love for my lonely 360. I really need a job so I could get some games for it.

Ms.Honey said...

You and these posts I promise you always got something going on..stinky people, women hitting on you and what not....I've heard that the sweet tea there is good..you know it's got crack in it...LOL sike I'm jokin

thee modern isis said...

lol Trizz always trying to regulate on someone. Gotta love her.

I've been slippin' on my commenting but this series had me dying and chokin on my java. I hate those drama divas that gotta cry at a drop of a dime to make everyone feel sorry for them. They don't know.. a black chick ain't about to stop what their doing to rub their back and "Woo.. Woo.. Woo".. hell to da naw.

I have one at my job and this chick is black, so you know it's ridicu-damn-lous.

That stinky broad.. ok, the au natural look is straight when you don't smell like you've been hiding in a cave with Osama. I say you do a drive by Lysol'ing and spray her ass down.

Good luck with the working chica, and if all else fails.. holla at Trizz and she'll bust some heads for you.

nikki said...

LMAO@'charlotte's web' on the coochie. 'help me'? okay, so why did i instantly see that shit from the cartoon? girl, i wiped away many a tear on that one.

ya white girl sounds alot like mine, only not as old or embittered. hopefully she'll bounce before she turns into an old shriveled white woman who feels threatened by every black woman who knows the alphabet.