Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I Am So Lazy....



*sigh*

You would think after last weekend’s agenda of hard partying I would make it a repeat weekend right?

Wrong.

I did absolutely nothing this weekend. I slept all weekend. No lie. I was in bed by 11 and I slept until noon. Woke up watched TV, napped, cooked *gasp yes I used the stove for a change*, watched more TV and went back to sleep.

I have HBO on Demand now so I can stop bitching about missing The Wire every Sunday due to work. Now I can watch it when I get off of work. I won’t trip on the fact that I had to damn near strong arm the box out of the woman’s arm at the cable company. She just was not going to give me the box without paying for digital cable as well. My reasoning is why would I pay extra for channels that I won’t watch, I only watch about 6 or 7 channels as it is and I just wanted HBO.
Damn Comcast is like a telemarketer!

Of course I go home and of course I have digital cable. Had to call the next day to have it turned off, which was another hassle because of course the guy urged me to keep it.

Wow how productive was my weekend. Of course I had to work the dreaded night shift. What is it with this property that loves my black ass at night? Do they not know I loathe working at night? The more I beg for morning shifts, the more night shifts I’m given. Can’t win for shit.

Oh and last week why did the idiots who live above us decided to flood their bathroom? Oh and why did maintenance take their sweet time getting downstairs? They came by at the crack of dawn *I was sleeping* and told JBN they wanted to check on our bathroom, which was dry as a whistle.

I get up hours later and open the linen closet, why is all of my shit soaked? I mean puddles and shit were on the bottom of the floor.

I was livid. The fucking linen closet is directly next to the bathroom, you mean to tell me common sense told you to not check the closet?

All of my blankets, towels, and some extra toiletries were soaked. I had to throw out a few bars of soap and I’m too scared to plug in my hair dryers but I refuse to throw them out. Shit those are Conair dryers!

I’m pissed of course because my shit is fucking soaked, I have less than an hour to get to work, which means I have to leave the shit soaking wet in the apartment not to mention the cat is lapping up the water from the floor and I might come home to a dead animal and a stint on Animal Police.

So you know before I ran out the door to work I went and chewed out the woman at the desk .

I mean damn was it that hard to look in the fucking linen closet? And some of the colored towels bled onto the white towels so I’m double pissed. So now I have to leave wet linen in the middle of my floor while I go to work and I knew they would smell like mildew by the time I got off of work. JBN and I both got off of work extremely late and his laundry skills are not the best so that meant I had to get up at damn near the crack of dawn to wash.

I was assured that maintenance would come by to look at the leak. That was at 2:15.

Why did I call home at eight and maintenance still was not there? In fact the muthafuckers were gone for the day.

I already was having a shitty day at work and now this.

You know I was mad. Very mad.

The next day *after once again showing my black ass, see they would never have to deal with me if they did the shit right the first time* I wash all of my linen. I was almost late for work due to the blankets taking forever to dry.

Oh you know they gave me the money to wash my shit. I was not about to come out of pocket for this shit. They tried to argue that four floors were affected and we were the only ones complaining. I had to let them know that when it’s the fault of the building you pay up. I can give a fuck less about the next man; we’re talking about my shit here. My linen was fresh and dry until the idiots decided to flood their bathroom, why should I have to pay to have my things washed when they were clean in the first place?

Maintenance finally showed up two days later to access damage and re-paint all of the shelves.

They’re lucky I was not at home because I would have had to get ugly with them. No wet paint signs either. If I did not smell the paint and touch the shelves, I would have been washing again.

*sigh*

Not a great way to end a week. I guess I was grateful for my weekend of laziness.
Then I looked up and realized it has been a week since I’ve updated my blog. I’ve been commenting but not doing much.

Actually, I do not have anything to talk about.

But I promise. Back to my daily novels real soon.

4 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Man, Tenacious, I was about to post a tag just to get you to posting again. I love the fact that I can watch The Wire on HBO on Demand on Monday, when it dont come on regular HBO until Sunday. That's messed up about the flooding the bathroom. I hope it was the shower and not the toilet. LOL Oh yeah..

FIRST!!!!

Miz JJ said...

I would have been livid if that shit happened to me. Actually when I was living with my ex-roomie our ceiling fell in, but that's another story. At least they paid for you to wash your stuff.

NegroPino™ said...

NOw go on Demand...that Wanda Sykes shit taht was funny and i didnt see the post for me til now..but girlie if u seen the pics u missed a good time....

Ms.Honey said...

WOW..I LOVE the WIRE. I'm in front of that tube every monday night to catch the new episode that comes on. You always got something going on.