Monday, June 19, 2006

Typical Ass Me...



So I found the camera cord *it was under the bed* so I have updated my Flickr pictures so check those out if you have time. When I scan some of my old pictures I will also put those up as well. I have way more pictures but I don’t want to make anyone unintentionally “famous” *lol* by plastering their mug all over my blog. *sigh* I am a self professed camera whore.

*lol*

Just a camera one. Not a real one. Although I have been called a real one several times.

Oh yeah I also “borrowed” *because steal is a dirty word* the little chat box thing from T.Cas so feel free to comment on that as well if you’re too lazy to do the word verification thing. I hate that thing by the way, it’s like they purposely try to trick my half-blind ass when I’m trying to post something to someone’s page at night and then I have to do the damn thing like three times before there are letters that I can distinguish. *lol*

BTW T.Cas don’t think I haven’t noticed you haven’t posted anything since Thursday which is so unlike you. I did like the food post though. I, on the other hand, prefer oatmeal to grits. In fact, I hate grits. Just yucky. But some apple and cinnamon oatmeal? Ooh and the Quakers not the bootleg joint? Yum Yum. I was just too lazy to find pictures and name just 10 of my favorites foods? That’s too hard for me. O why does it appear like I sat in a class or two of Obsession 101? *lol*

*ducks out before Professor begins roll call*

Wednesday I have a job interview at one of the hotels in Rossyln. I know the managers and we’re really cool so this should be a shoe in. In fact they are anticipating my interview but still wish me luck. You never know. But it’s funny because ever since I posted, the managers at my property are begging me not to leave. They haven’t been doing it for anyone (as far as I can see they’ve been giving the “two finger” salute) but they do not want me to leave. And I mean that’s everyone at the job. Damn I did not know that I was that popular. Hmm maybe because I speak to everyone and don’t act like my sh*t don’t stink. It’s just been a little weird.

Newsflash: I am going to get engaged pretty soon *slams door runs down hall screaming* I saw the ring and I saw the Zales statement. Ok well not the actual statement *I don’t open his mail although you know my nosy ass be itching to but hell someone might send his ass some Anthrax through the mail or some sh*t and f*ck us both us* but I did see the envelope *lol*

^Why is a brutha trying to lock a sista down? *lol* I personally plan on having a long engagement. I still am not getting married until I am 25. Damn that. So I can get knocked on the honeymoon? Yeah aiight. Besides I want to wait until he is finished with his schooling. Well at least his Masters. Besides I have to rustle up some more females for the wedding. I only have 2 female best friends, a handful of female associates, and a couple of female cousins whom I am cool with. Besides my niece is still an infant. I want her to be my little flower girl.

*lol at me post-planning the wedding*

I am ready but of course not ready to be dragged down the aisle at gunpoint. I don’t think I’m afraid of commitment, I think I’m afraid of f*cking up. I admit I purposely messed up a few potential relationships but that’s because I am afraid of letting someone get real close to me. Like he has a certain image of me that will become flawed once they know the real T. Is it stupid to think like that? Like I’m not trying to reach the coveted “MOTHER” pedestal men place their mother on *by no means am I trying to get to that status lol* but I don’t want to tumble off the one that I am placed on. Of course my boyfriend knows a lot about me but he does not know a lot about me. I just believe there’s some sh*t I need to keep to myself. And no I wasn’t a man in a past life, have had/have an STD, turned tricks, or have slept with an obnoxious amount of men but there are personal things that I keep to myself. The kind that only God and I know. Ok and no I don’t have any “bodies” under my belt. At least none that I think. I’m sure I left a couple of them alive or something. *lol*

No just kidding. As Ezell from Friday put it: I steal, I don’t kill. *lol* I was watching the DVD yet again. I know every line in that movie by heart.

So the remainder of my weekend was kind of a bust. I wanted to go out but since Big Tigger *is he really supposed to be gay? I read that in one of my blogs or something?* had the city basically on lock all weekend, all the lines were too long at some of my usual spots and basically empty at some of my others. I was kind of mad because it was nice and breezy at night and I did go shopping yet again not to mention my boyfriend was thoughtful and bought me this cute sundress I had been eyeing too hard last week. That’s my thing this summer-sundresses. Sure I haven’t worn one since I was like 6 and it came with matching undies or whatever those things are because they damn sure ain’t shorts but whatever. I just don’t like the styles for some. I mean they look like damn 1970s housecoats and sh*t. Just look grungy as hell. Besides I’m too short for the one I really want. It’s long or whatever but sh*t I put that b*tch on, it was like a wedding gown. I had a train and everything. I wanted to buy it and get it hemmed up because that bad boy was dragging but I don’t want it to look like a Victorian nightgown on me either. But still it was cute. I might just go back and get it. That’s one gripe I hate about being short. All of my jeans drag the ground so I have to cuff them or get them hemmed, I can’t get “short” length because I would flood because I have hips and a butt. I have a variety of sizes in my closet because I like my bottoms to fit more in the waist *none of that bunchie looking waist* than the leg but in order for that to work I have to by “regular” or “long” length jeans like short girls can’t have a big butt or something. Of course my urban brands “Baby Phat, Ecko, Enyce* fits me perfectly but it’s my other brands *Guess, L.E.I, Tommy, The Limited, Old Navy* that give such pains. And I’ll be damn if I ever spend more than $60 for one pair of jeans. That b*tch better come with the jacket and a damn shirt. I never understood how folks will drop $200 for just one pair of jeans. I’m like “Damn what type of materials are they using? Cambodian breast milk fibers?” Is the cotton really that different? I’m sure the slaves weren’t having philosophical debates over the cotton they were toiling over day in and day out but hey I guess if you have money to blow then by all means waste away. And if you really want to just throw some money away, you can always just send it to me. I’ll make sure it goes to the right stores.

I understand “upscale” items have better materials but damn the little tote I got from Payless can do the same thing as that Chanel bag. I mean does a Chanel bag hold a wallet better or something? Hell I have beat many of people down with my little “cheap” bags than with the expensive ones I have shelled out. Hell I’m too damn paranoid to take the expensive ones out the house. I’m guarding that bad boy like it got priceless jewels and sh*t. Not a droplet of sweat is hitting the purse. And a fight? And put my purse down on the ground? Yeah aiight. I’m fighting with the damn purse on my arm.

Or maybe I’m just cheap. Shoes I will spend a grip for but everything else? It’s not like men know every single brand of jeans out there for women. And if they do, that should tell you something. I can wear the little $20 jeans I got and a guy will swear up and down I paid $80 for them. L.E.I? What’s that? How much they cost, like $100? Hell I will buy some sh*t from Walmart or Tar-Ghey *although Tar-Ghey has been stepping it up big time* in a heartbeat. I buy whatever looks cute on me. I’ve gotten plenty of compliments on this shirt I bought from Wal-Mart and it was on the clearance rack. Folks swear I paid a grip because some celeb had on a similar one. I’m like I got this for $5. And got some change back. Why blow an entire paycheck on an outfit? If a guy is checking out my outfit more than me, that should tell you something. He wants to know if that comes in his size hunny *snaps in Z formation*

As long as it doesn’t reek cheap *ie., polyester, pleather, shiny vinyl* or just is cut really cheap *think low budget strip club* or hell just look cheap period I will probably wear it. Ok I won’t wear any form of animal print either. But that’s just me. Walking around looking like a damn Thundercat is not sexy. She-ra is not my fashion muse.

So if you see me and you really think I paid a grip for my outfit, please. The shoes probably cost more than the top and bottom. And I probably swiped the shirt from a friend.

Well I guess it depends on your opinion on cheap. Like I said $60 is my limit unless the jeans are so damn cute I can’t resist. Shirts, ehhh it depends. I don’t think I have a shirt that cost more than $75 in my closet. Now I will break off some bread for dresses, skirts, and shoes. Gotta look good for church you know.

But I’m a shopoholic, I know how to sniff out a sale with the best of them. Hell I will travel for a sale. But now I’m at the “Get In, Get Out” stage at the mall. I go to the mall, get what I need, and I bounce. No more window shopping or just strolling through the mall, a sister got other things to do so I just go in, buy what I need, and leave. And I always try to hit up the mall before 3 or 4, that ways the teens are still in school and I can shop in piece. You know I’m still in the Junior section at the mall. Sometimes I can slide over to the Petites but my ass has been firmly rooted in the Juniors section since 14. Besides I have a fear of “mom jeans” *lol*

EAGLE EYE has resumed his calling. He is now “Do Not Answer”. And of course I knew it was time because my stalker-sense was beeping, JDUBB called with his semi-annual “I’ve Ruined His Life” speech. Apparently once again he has broken up with yet another woman because of his reoccurring issues with me. *sigh* What is this now? Year FIVE since we have broken up? Damn it was HIGH SCHOOL when we broke up! I’m a COLLEGE GRADUATE now! *sigh* I think he needs someone to rant to. That or he seriously needs to get laid. I think he will become a problem on my wedding day.

And I wish (Because Black People Don’t Hope) this Negro would come clown on my day.

I will have to kick his ass with my purse on my arm and my train wrapped around my waist.

3 comments:

Angel said...

"And I’ll be damn if I ever spend more than $60 for one pair of jeans. That b*tch better come with the jacket and a damn shirt. I never understood how folks will drop $200 for just one pair of jeans. I’m like “Damn what type of materials are they using? Cambodian breast milk fibers?” Is the cotton really that different? I’m sure the slaves weren’t having philosophical debates over the cotton they were toiling over day in and day out but hey I guess if you have money to blow then by all means waste away."

HELL NAW for Cambodian breast milk fibers!!!!!!!! LOL I can see and hear Dave Chappelle in the background screaming "Die-lan spits hot fiyah..." LOL i've been to your site before, but I'm definitely gonna keep coming back ms. tenacious! thanks for the laughs!
~fallen angel

Ms.Honey said...

haha..why must we plan our weddings and the sad part is we have every detail figured out except the dang on groom. Down to how the invitations and programs look..then again perhaps that is just me haha. I feel ya though I don't want to jump into it and realize that I've made a huge mistake..when I get 25 (i'm 23 now) I'll push a rush on things haha hopefully someone will have gotten their act together by then.

Good ole Eagle Eye...let's hope he gets the picture cause he might turn into something a whole lot stranger....hope you get the job...and by the way I love me some Tar'get haha

Rashan Jamal said...

Umm, you think its a good idea to tell us that you know about the ring. I mean the BF is still reading right?

As always, you have some funny ass comments

Mom jeans are the worst. I hate to see those, even if you got kids, you can still be sexy.

You right about men sweating the outfit, except for shoes. I don't like to see an otherwise well dressed woman wearing some fake leather shoes, it just don't look right to me.