Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yet Another Saturday....



Yet another Saturday and I am in the house just chilling. Just came from grocery shopping. It’s a damn shame when your fridge only has just an old pudding cup, a cucumber that has turned into a pickle *that’s how long that bad boy has been in there, Hell I forgot I had even bought a cucumber*, and some butter.

Blame my boyfriend’s and I humongous appetite. I remember an argument we had about a McChicken sandwich. Yeah we’re probably the only couple who are ready to thump over a bag of M&Ms.

DRAMA has been blowing up my phone begging me to get involved in her latest scuffle. While it is amusing because it has gone to the “Ima drive by this b*tch house just to let her know I know where she live when it should be obvious because uh duh yall were once cool” point and it has been a few eggs tossed on someone’s car, I refuse to get involve in this. If the penis is like that, once again I think I’ll pass.

^^Why do people go crazy over some d*ck or p*ssy anyway? I mean damn it is really that serious? Is that person laying it down like that? And why isn’t this person sharing some secrets with folks who obviously need it? I mean I’ve had some good ones in my day, that “got my knees shaking just from thinking about how he gave my ass last night, p*ssy throbbing and humming just from his voice alone, severe “withdrawal” symptoms” d*ck but damn I never took it to the level DRAMA and some people I know have taken it. One of my guys ex girlfriend sliced him with a razor and broke in his crib and bleached all his clothes just because he stopped messing around with her. And the fact that he was sleeping with her best friend. And cousin.

*lol*

He was passing it out like it was candy wasn’t he? Something about seeing old pictures of us in the bath tub as kids ruined any sexual images I would have had of him. Besides he’s too short for me.

My best friend and I were on the phone reminiscing about our high school friends and what’s probably going on with them now. According to us we had the flyest crew in high school. We were probably the lamest *lol* Although it was a core of nine of us, FH, TWIN and I were tightest. Still are. For the record, TWIN doesn’t have a twin. We just have the same first name. And we favor one another. Go figure.

We went to a ghetto ass high school so every day it was something. Fights, possible shootings, drug transactions, and sexual escapades all before first period. Although I skipped a lot of classes, hardly did any work, and did not bring homework home after freshman year (I did it during lunch so I wouldn’t have to bring any books home. Lame but not lame at the same time. It was either do that, fight, or play dominos during the lunch periods. I got kicked off the Bones tables eventually for flipping that b*tch over. Muthaf*cker tried to cheat and sh*t and I just wasn’t going!) but I managed to graduate 1st in my senior class of 132. We started off with over 400 incoming freshman. You do the math.

It seems like it my high school there were the female cliques that don’t make it into any Hollywood movies. We had the hoes, the gold-diggers, dykes, and nerds.

Hoes were self explanatory. They were the bust downs of the school. Sucking d*ck (when you were treated like the plague for admitting to doing it), having sex with lots of dudes (In Chicago, it is easy for one’s rep to spread from school to school. You always knew somebody that knew somebody that went another school who claimed to have “hit”). Not the prettiest chick but all you had to do was spit a little game in their ear and they was ready. These were usually the girls who had 4 kids by the time they graduated.

Gold-Diggers were the “fly” girls in the school. Fresh kicks, latest outfits and always had the “herr” and nails did. Usually messed around with one of the local drug dealers in their neighborhood who kept them laced. Could be a hoe…But for the right price. Superficial and for the most part did not have much going on upstairs. Some ended up getting popped off with a shorty but you know lil’ Ray Ray rocked the finest of Jordans and little Davoucci jackets. Never mind he was 3 and still in diapers, Baby and Baby Mama are riding clean. Granted not all of the school gold-diggers were like this. Some went to college and graduated into a “Campus Fashionista”. Some did a complete 360 and got themselves together. But for the most part, gold diggers were up-graded hoes. To get with them you had to break off major bread.

Dykes-self explanatory. They infiltrated all the groups by senior year. We had the bull daggers as well as the femme running up all through the school. I steered clear of this group. They could be, um, very aggressive with their pursuing.

Nerds were not the flyest girls in the school. They rocked nice outfits but it did not become a part of them. Basic hairstyles ruled this group, meaning a lot of non-gel and weave products. In my high school, nerds were the ones who were going to be something. Smart, not all “loose” with it, and for the most part goofy as hell. Lots of inside jokes that of course flew over many heads as a lot of kids were not the brightest light bulb in the pack. This was actually the most hated group. I guess not being a Baby Mama and actually wanting to continue your education after high school was a bad thing. Folks thought that you thought that you were “better” than them or something *lol*

I was part of the unofficial Nerds. Hell I was the President after folks found out I ranked #1 all four years of high school in our class. Sure a few of the gold diggers wanted to claim the title but that involved actually opening a book. And trust they did not want to mess up their nails doing so. Not that it was hard being #1 considering the competition in my high school which was slim to none. It’s funny because all of my friends were in the top 10. I was one, TIFF was two, ICE (my college roomie) and FH tied at three, and TWIN was nine. And the obligatory “smart” dudes in the class. I think it was three. A school record.

Hell my school helped build up my school cred. You had to have a backbone to survive in my school. Folks generally weren’t on that but you had a few so-called bullies lurking in the corner.

But high school was fun. It was like any other high school only 10X more ghetto. Like Prom. Everyone got their dresses made. Period. That was an unspoken rule in my high school. No one would be caught dead wearing a store bought dress. And of course, getting your dress made left the door open for all types of ghetto concoctions. Just look at some of those Ghetto Prom pictures that are being forwarded around. That’s some sh*t folks would wear in my high school. Either that or have a dress a star worn recreated only ghetto-fied. J-Lo’s green dress was popular when I graduated. I wanted a Toni Braxton dress but my moms deaded that real quickly. She was so not on that with me.

Then we busted out the infamous yearbook *via phone* and roasted on folks in the yearbook. Guessing who’s knocked or working on their 10th kid, relying passed down gossip about folks we went to school with, playing the “What ever happened to..,” Game, and laughing at 97-2001 Chicago Fashion. I swear if I get famous, I’m burning every single yearbook I can find. I looked super young in all my pictures and sophomore year yearbook pictures were taken on 70’s Day *It was Homecoming Week* and I have two big ass afro puffs in my hair. Oooh and I won’t even get on Bum Day when I wore the clothes to school and a bus driver refused to let me get on the bus.

For a “Nerd”, I did so much sh*t in high school it wasn’t funny. And got into so much sh*t. I’m still banned from certain parts of Chicago. If you’re a regular reader then you know I have done some crazy sh*t. Just think me from 14-18. Only more. This is before I got my life together *lol* I was bolder, hot tempered, and less care back then. Well I was a prude in high school (I guess college turned my ass out) and ok ok I did acquired a few stalkers. Only one is still lurking in the pissy alley.

This is when I had hopes, dreams, and ambitions twinkling in my eye. *lol T.CAS I managed to use it somehow* Now I’m just a semi-old jaded b*tch with the “Look” in her eyes. I thought I could do anything in high school. Like graduate from college in 3 years, med school in 3 ½ and just Crip walk my way through residency. *lol* I was smoking that Cheech and Chong obviously.

It’s funny how high school memories, unless it was a bad experience for you, cheers me up. Just thinking of some of the f*cked up hairstyles alone made me bust a gut laughing. Like how we would wear the “fan” ponytail with the bangs gelled down on our foreheads. No wonder our asses had acne and sh*t. Ooh and when we would sculpt the sideburns and you still have a little bit of the brown gel on the side of your face. First Down coats, Avirex and Davoucci leather jackets, Coogi, Iceberg, FUBU, black Guess jeans *don’t ask*, When fingerwaves, French rolls, Water falls and Cluster ponytails were the “thing”, Blue Jean ‘fits, Overalls, when girls used to dress like Aaliyah, when everyone had a “Bone” chain and an initial ring *lol*, when Jordans used to come out every week and folks would get to Footlockers at 6 am to be the first to cop. Hell when Jordans were hot period!

When you sit at the lunch table with your friends and brag about your little boyfriend/girlfriend knowing you ain’t do nothing but dry hump and guys if you were lucky you got a “finger”. I remember I would tell my mother I was going to the library and would sneak about go over JDUBB house. If I had known he was that crazy, I woulda studied. Holding hands walking to the bus stop and making sure he/she got on the bus *lol*, staying on the phone for hours not talking about nothing and doing the “you hang up, no you hang up, ok we’ll do it together” lines *lol don’t act like you don’t know*

Dubbing songs off the radio so you and your friends can listen to it later. Hell everyone recorded the 20 second and extended work-out on WGCI in Chicago. But you had to cut it off before the DJs came back on and ruined the mix. Mike Love and The Diz *lol* And then try to call on your birthday to do the “Who’s Dat On The Birthday Line” or “All Eyez On Me” (Chicagoans you know what I’m talking about). And don’t let me get on the Party Line *lol* It’s where I learned the sheer comedy of user names like Smack-A-Hoe. For folks who don’t know the Party Line was basically one of those 800 chat line things. But it was free and geared toward teens. I think I always called the one named The Raven. Me and my girls would call each other on three way and just clown on the Party Line. You could create a voicemail box and folks could leave you messages. We always got quite a few in ours. We used our future “skrippers” name. I was Hot Chocolate of course *lol* I think we had some DJ Chip on our voicemail *lol* House Music was sooo big back then. You would go to EverBlack every Saturday to cop the new tape by DJ Chip, Apollo and any other DJ who made raw mix tapes. They were brightly colored and kinda bootleg but hey this is before burned CDs and what not. You had a walkman not an IPOD. *lol* Killing part that this was less than 10 years ago for me. High school was 1997-2001 for me to anyone who’s doing the math.

When hanging out at the mall all day Saturday was the “thing”. When you went to the show to see a new release and that was like a party. I got kicked out quite a few movie theaters thanks to JDUBB and MD (my male best friend who I <3 like a brother). And when it was warm everyone went to the Lake and kicked it. Good old Rainbow Beach *lol*

Ahhh those were the days *singing All In The Family’s Theme Song* Don’t front on All In the Family, that sh*t was funny as hell. I <3 Edith’s dinky ass.

What are some of your high school memories? Any bad ones?

2 comments:

Ms.Honey said...

Dang this took me back..I remember the fan ponytail all too well and the lil clips you use to wear at the front of your hair either on your bang or near your pony tail man LOL. It's funny cause I still talk to the three girls I use to eat lunch with and they all have children I'm the last one..keep your fingers crossed LOL..I think I missed the memo that I was suppose to be married or with child right now haha.

Rashan Jamal said...

I was the cool nerd, or more accurately, the nerd that thought he was cool. I felt that my not fitting in was because I was cooler than everybody else. I was also part of the Angry Black Man clique for awhile in high school.