Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Happy Wednesday!!




Finally a day off to relax! Sista have been working the night shift all week. I hate when they change my schedule because I don’t deal well with hotel guests after 3 pm. It’s like that smug, sarcastic bitch I try to contain during the day pops out and act a damn fool at work.

Example: A guy tries to check in. Not a problem but he was due to check in two days later. How he missed this I don’t know and care. Usually if we’re not full, we just disregard it and change the date. We were sold out so needless to say we couldn’t honor him checking in two days early. He decided he wanted to get ignorant and start waving his reservation papers around like he was crazy. Stating how we were wrong and he was right basically. I just calmly took the paper, highlighted all the dates, printed out a calendar and handed it to him. So he’s looking at me like I’m crazy and I just said:

Sir, it’s clear that your doctorate in Engineering does not translate over to deciphering calendar dates. Today is the 10th. Your reservation is on the 12th. It states not one, not two but three times on this paper the date. In fact the email you have even mentions your reservation is on the 12th. Now what I can do is direct you to the nearest hotel so you can get a room but other than that, we’ll see you on the 12th, which is two days from now. You have a nice evening.”

And I dismissed his ass from my line. That’s one thing I hate about any form of customer service: The customer is not always right. This is not the department store. Trust- you can take your services elsewhere. Trust there was someone who needs that reservation. I mean, what part of “sold out” did he not understand? Sure he will have a room but it’ll be on the 12th. I hate when people come in to the hotel and cop an attitude with me over something I don’t have any control over. Don’t get mad at me if you come in at 10 pm and your reservation is canceled. Hello that “after 6 cancellation” is real. We don’t put it on there for nothing. Sure we understand flights are delayed or cancelled but it’s not like we got Southwest on speed dial and we call for updates on all their flights. Maybe I’m just considerate- I actually call when I’m going to be late for something.

I took my braids out yall and now my hair is thin as hell. I got my hair in the little “puff puff” ponytail you rocked in elementary school because I can’t do anything to it. I got baby hair yall! Baby hair! I didn’t have baby hair as a baby let alone as an adult! So I booked an appointment to get the butters whipped. I am hopeless with my own hair so I rather pay someone to do it for me rather than me just mess it up. Pray for me, I am trying a new stylist. I think my last stylist was purposely overcharging me ($65 for a roller wrap? Yeah aiight) so I will no longer be using her services. I hate trying new stylists because they want to do too much to your hair. I’m a simple gal. No I don’t waterfalls, crimps, extreme feathering, highlights, flips or anything like that. Stop trying to convince me I can pull off the Halle cut. Stop cutting my hair when all I wanted was a trim. Ask what happened to the last heffa who cut 4 inches off my mane. If I come for a simple roller wrap and flat iron, please give me just that. Nothing else. If I want something extreme I would ask for it. It’s bad enough I’m in there for 3+ hours due to the extreme thickness of my hair, don’t add on time.

I got a date so I have to look nice.

It’s with the boyfriend so don’t worry. He wants to take me out to a fancy dinner because he has something to tell me.

Wonder what it is. I’ve already torn up the house looking for a ring so I don’t think that’s it. And I think he knows better about springing surprises on me.

I loathe surprises.

It never works out in my favor. Surprise parties? Um yeah, usually I had already gotten my whooping beforehand and slept through my party. Surprise visits? Caught an ex kissing another girl. A (now ex) best friend. My girl tried to throw a surprise Taurus Theme B-Day party for me to no avail. I got drunk a few hours before and nothing says Happy Birthday more than stumbling drunk around your own party only to pass out upstairs in one of the bedrooms yet people wanted to shake me awake to wish me a happy birthday.

Call me a spoilsport but I do not like surprises. It would be nice to get some Bling though even though I do not want an engagement ring. I rather have the money saved and spent on something meaningful like going toward a down payment for a house.

Friday, on the other hand, is a different story. I’m going out with the green-eyed wonder I met at the club last Friday. For the record, he is aware I have a boyfriend but I guess that doesn’t stop him from trying. When I was single I couldn’t get a man to take me seriously because, well, I wasn’t serious. But now that I am in a “serious” relationship, men fall out the woodwork.

That’s my weakness. Besides food and sex. Flirting too damn much. I really need to stop. I am a sucker when it comes to flirting. It’s like I can’t stop. Damn, a guy gave me his employee discount at Nike Town in High School and I have been on full flirt mode since. Killing part, I’m not flirting to get something. I’m not flirting because I know you can give me a hook-up. I’m flirting because, well, you’re there. Damn that seems bad doesn’t it? *hangs head*

I don’t know what it is. I hope I’m not one of those women who are never satisfied and drift from relationship to relationship, never really happy but just “settling” because that’s what I am supposed to do. My current relationship is the longest relationship I have ever been in. We’ve been together for four years. 95% of college. We’re compatible. We have fun. We still have an amazing sex life. We’ve been through so much and then again so little compared to other people’s relationships that we know. Our problem is that we’re both flirts. We flirt then come home and tear each other’s clothes off. Is that repressed sexual desire people? *lol* Hell it’s good nonetheless.

At least I’m better. I do go through bouts of not flirting. Like I did not really flirt in school. I mean eww because the quality at U of I was not worth looking twice. I was even labeled as “stuck up” because I refused to flirt with men when I was out. Everyone kind of got that “I don’t know you” look and usually I dismissed them or had just a friendly chat.

I think it’s DC. DC has fine ass men. Ok ok a few are probably gay, hell I know a few are gay, but the majority of the men in DC are fine. I’m mad that some of the finest ones are gay and have a fine gay boyfriend...Damn gays—Taking all the good ones and sh*t. Leaving LeRoy’s and RayQuawn’s bumpy face ass for me to pick over. *waves fist* So I can’t help myself. I’m receiving treatment. I mean at least I admit I have a problem. Isn’t that the first step?

There’s no crime in looking right? Dinner with Green Eyes? I have to eat right? I can’t wither away to nothing. Besides I’m going dutch. It’s not a date if I pay for my food right?

Hmmm I guess that’s something for me to ponder on.

3 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

Nice story about the aborted check-in because there are simply too many crazed morons running around these days.

Elle Jefe said...

My theory, I am married not dead, I can look and take in the "fine art" as long as I don't touch kind of like the museum. Same goes for my husband he can look as long as he knows how to make it home. lol

Rashan Jamal said...

It's nothing wrong with looking, but I bet your boyfriend would see something wrong with going out to lunch. You better keep that on the low. What's up with phone stalker?