Thursday, April 20, 2006

Now Back To Business...



Ok the dentist was not as bad as I thought. Never mind his teeth was like Volkswagen Bug Yellow and resembled Austin Power's grill. I was going to walk out but the sharp twinge of my tooth made me sit and think about this decision. I'm one tooth-less. Rather than opt for the root canal, I told him to yank that bad boy out. It's the back molar, you can't see it when I smile, and uh have you ever had a root canal? Uh Hell To The Naw! I have weird tolerance when it comes to pain. Now I can get a tattoo (one on my shoulder), piercing (at one time I had my navel, nipples, and tongue pierced), and once got punched in the mouth by a dude (another post yall)...But let me get a paper cut. I will fall out for dead. I will whimper, cry and squeal like I am just dying.

He did have to dope me up a little. I was awake the whole time because you know I wasn't about to let him put me completely under. I had on a short skirt (It's 83 in DC today) so I wasn't 'bout to let him have too much easy access. My damn thigh will not be sticky! No panties slid to the side over here! I did kind of panic because when he took the tooth out, I guess there was a lot of blood and the little nurse lady gave me kind of a worried look. Now why did she do that? My paranoid ass was already sliding out the chair. They went through a couple of packs of gauze all while trying to assure me "everything was ok". In the end I needed three stitches in my mouth as well. And the tooth...Ewww. I was like "Throw That B*tch away". I thought I was laughing at how long Joanie's (ANTM) snaggle tooth was...My sh*t looked like a damn Elephant Tusk compared to hers...And this was a damn molar!

I was also a little pissed on how they had all those damn instruments in my mouth. I asked the nurse was all those really necessary? I mean damn I ain't used to having all that in my mouth ;-) The drool swallower, suction thingie, a drill, forceps, the thing they use to look at the tooth, a pick, random fingers and what have yous. I'm glad my damn mouth was numb.

I still have to go back in 10 days to get the sutures out and another extraction. My back teeth were all jacked up. This is what I get for waiting so long to hit the dentist. My mouth was numb for like 5 hours and I was mad that although you couldn't tell that I had some work done until I talked, I had a Bubba from Forrest Gump thing going on. *shrug* At least I had "Angelina Jolie" lips for a couple of hours due to the Novocain. Never mind I sounded like "Lil' Darryl" for a few hours. I also got some drugs for when the anesthesia wears off with explicit directions not to take more than 3 of the 800mg Motrins in one day. Umm yeah, I'm like a prescription drug junkie. Known for not following directions, I'd be one of those folks addicted to Valium or something because I decided to up my dosage because I needed a little more "pep". I will follow the directions as I am in the crib by myself. Don't want to overdose with a crazy cat in the apartment.

I did meet a cute guy walking from the dentist. We talked on the phone for a little while. Don't worry...I wasn't flirting. I was self conscious because I sounded weird and I felt my cheek blowing up. Besides I had a little white crust that the heifer forgot to wipe from my mouth. Yeah he made sure he pointed that out so you know my cheek numb so I'm wiping everything but the damn crust. ARRGGG.

I don't know what I'm going to do with so much unsupervised-boyfriend free weeks. I guess go out with some friends, explore a little bit more of the area, get a few more driving lessons in, throw out the sh*t on his side of the closet that was due to hit the Salvation Army years ago, and shop. I'm going home next week (maybe) to visit the family. And work of course. I do, however, plan on being a good girl. No dinners. No dates. Now what will bother me is the lack of sex. I need it at least 3 times a week to function properly. **sigh** I see lots of nights with the pillow in-between my legs ahead. A few (intentional) cold showers. Damn high sex drive!

Hey, I am a good girl 95% of the time. Any suggestions on how to quench what I'm sure will be 3 weeks of boredom?

No comments: