Monday, March 06, 2006

The Academy Awards



In total, I watched about 10 minutes of the Academy Awards (and those were 10 minutes stretched out) and although I like Jon Stewart (Hell I watch "The Daily Show" more than the real news), he was a little boring (from the two minutes preview I watched between this really good documentary on The History Channel and "Scary Movie 3" on TBS). The Academy Awards are always boring. I mean does anyone really care about the visual effects in movies? The sound mixing? I wasn't like "Wow, they really mixed in Mozart well in that emotional scene in "Get Rich or Die Trying" and oh my god, did you hear that string quartet...Took my breathe away gurl...You know, someone should be get an Oscar for this"? Not me. Maybe someone else but not me. Sure I loved the visual effects in "Harry Potter" but I don't dwell on it enough to think about it all year.

I guess the best moment of the night was when 3-6 Mafia won (and when Terrence Howard lost. He is sexy as hell but is it me or does anyone else think he is crazy as a muthafucker? He got that glint in his eye like he will fuck a nigga up. He just look like he's a little unbalanced at times. I think Hollywood know he crazy that's why he always play a hater and/or a crazy ass person). I was shocked. Shocked that I actually heard of at one of the songs nominated (Ok Eminem's win a couple of years ago was a shocker to me too and I liked "8 Mile". It seems like people have forgotten Em had an Oscar and his lyrics are wayyy worse than 3-6 Mafia's). Am I happy for them? Sure, why not. They won. Others lost. What's better than topping everyone's expectations? Muthafuckers wasn't even mentioning 3-6 name at all in any form of entertainment news...I found they were nominated through one of the blogs I read everyday but now they won so they can really say "fuck you". Their prices just went up.

*SIGH*

But can you imagine the rap lyrics now? Now that's what I mad about. Not just the boasting, I mean Black Folks will make up a rhyming word for "Oscar", but some of the disses that I just know will pop up. And now you know other rappers are now going to try to step up and "get them an Oscar" *cough Kanye, D4L, Lil Jon cough* Please...Wack Artist and future wack(er) lyrics...For the sake of Humanity...JUST STOP!! Since 3-6 does not represent me at all, since I did not see "Hustle and Flow" since I have only heard the song once...I am personally happy for them. Just act like you got some sense...Please don't pawn/melt/wear it/beat a nigga down in the club with the Oscar...Put him on your mama's mantle in the fireplace next to the old Basketball Trophies and Perfect Attendance '85 Certificates and give Oscar the little respect it deserves. Black Folks...Please spare the rest of us the "African American History 499" Lecture for a day. If you're pissed *cough Black Folks cough* that they won, spare me with the "they an embarrassment" yada yada speech...BE QUIET! They can care less with what America think...They got one and you don't! Do you think most of these stars really care what we think since the reason they are rich and famous are because of us? I know I wouldn't. I don't care now and I'm not famous.

The Academy Awards have cheated so many folks over the years. *shakes head* So, so many. There are so many performances that I believe should have won that little trophy and I am mad that they are overlooked. Here's who I think should have won an Oscar and was "wuz robbed":

Damn a Halle in "Monster's Ball", she should have won 2 Academy Awards...One for playing the crackhead in "Jungle Fever" (Best Supporting Actress, Sam-U-El should have gotten Best Actor..Well he has played about 4 crackheads but I loved him in that one) and she should have gotten Best Actress in "Losing Isaiah" for playing another crackhead. Do Hollywood really understand the complexity, art, and skill it takes to play a crackhead? *scoffs* I think not. She told me the story of a crackhead. *sniff" I felt her pain. I was there. <---Wrong how they cheated her. They were bogus as hell for that.

And what about Denzel? Damn if he didn't deserve quite a few Best Actor Oscars for "Mo Better Blues", "Malcolm X", "Fallen", ...Better yet, Denzel just need an Oscar for anything he get his fingers into (well I didn't like "John Q" or "Out of Time" but he is forgiven for those roles). Damn a "Training Day" although he was sexy as hell...Denzel...Lawd if you wasn't married, old enough to be my daddy, and most of your kids wasn't older than me...You'd get the bizness.

Chris Rock deserved a Best Supporting Actor for playing Pookie the Crackhead in "New Jack City" (ah the classic lines) with Wesley getting the nod for Best Actor (same movie, although I would have taken it away b/c of the ashy ass hands he had in "Waiting to Exhale"). That would have been his second Oscar. "Jungle Fever" would have been his first.

Angela Bassett would have gotten so many Best Actress nods, she would have had to cop out like Oprah and the Emmy Awards. "What's Love Got To Do With It", "Waiting To Exhale" (Damn a Best Supporting Actress to Whitney's lead...Whitney would have gotten the Best Supporting in her own film (a first for the Academy Awards) and Angela woulda stomped through all of that to win), "The Rosa Parks Story"...Like Denzel...Every movie of hers are a guaranteed winner (Well except for "Vampire In Brooklyn", "Event Horizon" and that other sci-fi movie she did...Just messes *LOL*)


Best Picture could have easily have gone to such classics such as "Friday", "Baby Boy", "The Five Heartbeats", "Menace to Society", "Juice", "Poetic Justice", "Jason's Lyric", "Dead Presidents", "Love Jones", "Love and Basketball" (Hell..You get the picture...Feel Free to add your personal favorite).

There would have been a category for Best/Worst Acting in a Movie (50 Cent's movie, all the little "hood" flicks) and Best Unintentional Comedy (50's Cent's movie and any other crap that have you laughing throughout the whole money even though it's a drama/action/horror film) because some of the crap Hollywood put out is so bad it deserves an Oscar within itself.

There are so many to name on who "wuz robbed" over the years...Who do you think deserves an Oscar and why?

No comments: