Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Going On Home....




Next week I'm going home to Chicago for a couple of days and boy am I excited!! I'm going for the family but I'm also going for the food!! Lawd, I love the bootleg food joints, Harold's Chicken and White Castle's. Don't you miss those hometown spots? I get mad because I can't walk to Pete's and get a pizza puff, fries and a RC Cola for $2.99. Do DC even know what a pizza puff is? If so, can someone point me in the direction of a spot that sells them? It's funny how only the "Arab" joints carries them. Yes, I said it, "Arab". Guarantee in the Chi, every one of these spots are owned by an "Arab". We don't know or care to know their ethnicity, you are considered an "Arab" in our book, just like the "Africans" that braid our hair. I can't go White Castle's and get some burgers. They don't give me gas and I can eat like 20 of them by myself. Damn the Denny's and Ruby Tuesday's bootleg "White Castle" burger...You got to get the real thing. And don't let me get on Harold's. Harold's is the staple in the Black community. Chicken so good it make you wanna smack ya mama. Guarantee you can go to any neighborhood in the Chi and there are at least 3 Harold's lurking around, all crowded and always smelling good. Oooh a three piece (white meat) with some fries and some mild sauce *wipes slob off corner of the mouth* and you can't go wrong. I'm getting cravings just thinking about the good food I'm bout to max when I go home.

In case you didn't know, I'm a hungry female. I love food and food love me. I'm still blessed to have a fast metabolism so I'm not as big as I should be because I can put some food away but I know the "Tiny" nickname is not too far off ib my future. Well that will never happen but I do hate to exercise but the day the little "love handle" fat bubble up too much over my Se7en jeans will be the day my fatass hit up a Balley's or Gold's Gym. I refuse to be in denial and walk around in size seven jeans knowing I am a size 20. In fact, I give permisson for someone to smack the shit out of me if you EVER see me outside looking like a damn Kodak bar. I'm not that "salad and water" type, I'm "steak, potatoes and then some" type. I will eat my food and yours. Food is a passion. I rather fall to the ground than let a slice of pizza hit the ground (and this has happened a few times). I have walked back to McDonald's because I was cheated out a chicken nugget (I said a 10 piece not a 9 piece!), and I have gotten into tug of wars over the last slice of lunch meat. In fact, one of the worst arguments my boyfriend and I ever
had was over a sandwich. He ate my damn meatball Subway sandwich while I was at work! I was beyond pissed. I was at work fantasizing about that sandwich all day, rushed home just for the intent of that sandwich, and came home to an empty bag in the garbage. My heart hurted for a second...And then the anger took over. Don't you hate that? When you think about some food all day that you think is waiting for you when you get home only to discover it was eaten by someone in the house? Now I know how Elvin felt when Cliff ate his egg salad on that episode of "The Cosby Show". *sigh* I love food.

I miss Chicago. I really do. DC is great and all but it's not home. Where else could I witness two crackheads duking it out in the street over a rock? Where else would the Jehovah witnesses approach you on the bus stop and hold you hostage? Hell where else will the crackheads sell you a flat screen t.v, deliver it to your crib, set it up and hook you up with illegal cable for the low price of $10? Never. Never mind how they got the t.v. but the fact that they cared enough to come to you. *wipes tear from eye* I love my little dysfunctional city. Yeah Chicago has its flaws but still...It's my home. I know Chicago like I know the back of my hand. I know where all the spots are, what neighborhoods to avoid, and where to spot the celebs (And not just R. Kelly at the Rock & Roll McDonald's wooing his latest prey). Every time I leave I am sad for a couple of days. My crazy family is there. I miss the gossip that is only best told in front of an audience. The fights, the argument, random cursing out...That type of thing.

Boy will I have fun!! I plan on living it up for these few days. Seeing the friends, seeing what's new and different, going to some of my old haunts (Rothschild's Liquor...Ah first place that let a 16 year old who looked 12 buy her first fifth of E&J) and avoiding some of the crazy exes that seem to just home in and know when I slide into town. Yeah I have an ex that's on his now 5 year running of trying to run me down with his car. It's amusing and it just makes him mad that my ass just don't care...I told him not to run me down when I got on one of my fresh fits...Catch me when I'm running to the store for some milk or to play my aunt's numbers. Nutty ass dude.

The thing that kill me about Chicago is that I always end up running into some random person (usually from H.S. or U of I) that did not say two words to me throughout school yet maul me like we're long lost siblings when we run into one another. Wanna know how I'm doing and shyt and then wanna hang for the day...I'm like "Ok...And you are? Oh yeah that bitch that never spoke two words to me in class and even had the nerve to turn your nose up because the teacher mistaken you for me...What the hell were you implying anyway? That I'm ugly or something...And now you wanna front like we cool...Please bounce outta my face outta my face". That really annoys me. It's cool if I recognize you and I give you a friendly nod or wave but please don't run over like we're cool. It's ok to come over and say "hey" but don't start striking 10 year backtrack conversations because it just makes you phony. And then the next time I see you on campus, you go back to that "Bitch Please" phase. <---You can see this really annoys me. But at the same time there's some benefit to seeing the "pretty girl" from high school looking like Quasimoto and the cute dude everyone have a crush on engaging in "questionable activity". Can you say "deer in the headlights"? *LOL*

Chicago here I come!! The Princess is back!!

No comments: