Sunday, March 26, 2006

What Do You Find Funny?



No point...I just love those "Bacardi and Cola" commercials with the Black Guy (Cola?) and the White Guy (Bacardi?). They crack me up. A little racist-I mean why can't the Black guy be Bacardi-But still funny as hell?

Am I the only one that laughs at commercials?

I look forward to commercials especially those selling particular items. Give me an M&M and a Geico (Well I really just love the "Caveman" ones and the "woman: Honey do I look fat it this? Man (reading newspaper): You Betcha. Announcer: In the time it take him to pull out the sofa you can save 15% or more on your insurance") commercials and I will roll like I'm watching my old Def Comedy Jam DVDS. I discuss commercials like it's a movie plot or something. Maybe that's just me.

Does anyone have a particularly funny commercial?

^^^My friends call me a "Laugh Whore" <---"Hanging Around Too Many White People" Slang---Meaning I will laugh at anything.

I do.

Especially sh*t that is technically not funny. Yall already know how I feel about a lot of the movies that are out there. I'm laughing at horror, drama, action, foreign...Hell any type of film that I find funny (even though technically it's not a comedy). Mostly at the bad acting. Is it really that hard to act? I do it all the time...For free. I deserve an Oscar for all the acting I've done over the years. From dramatic dialogues as to why I shouldn't get an ass whooping to over the top "orgasms" from unfulfilling partners (And when you can't please a multi-orgasmic woman with an extremely high sex drive whose nipples get hard from staring at Krispy Kreme doughnuts too long...You have a problem. Not me <--Ok my nipples don't get hard from Krispy Kremes....anymore--But you) to twisting my face to portray the proper expressions when someone is telling me a story (that I'm half listening to anyway) and although I don't really care about your Baby Daddy Drama Part 65, Ima pretend to feel where you coming from when you catch him creeping for the 1000th time...That takes skill.

Corny jokes? It could be the corniest joke in the world and I will laugh because it is the corniest joke in the world. Pick up lines? Who doesn't laugh at some of the pick-up lines out there? Sure, this might hurt the guy's feelings. Here he is being serious, done worked up the courage to walk across the path, work through the "Girlfriend" Clique, man up to their probing and accusing eyes and sneers...Only to have me laugh at their best line. I'm not being mean, contrary to the belief, when a guy hit me with the "Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" line but I'm laughing because, well, it's funny. As in ha ha funny.


I also laugh at bogus stuff. Don't trip and fall in front of me. My immediate reaction: laughter. I will crack the f*ck up. Hell, I laugh at myself when I fall what makes you think you are excluded. I remember I tried to curse a guy out and tried to do that sexy "Take That" walk and promptly tripped and fell right in front of the guy I just played. Call it karma; I called it funny as hell. I laughed my ass off. The next day, getting that ankle wrapped? Funny because a girl slipped down the stairs in front of me. She fell hard too. I was laughing too hard to help her up.

I rarely get embarrassed by the antics that I do. I do blush on occasions though. Like the drunken Blackmail pictures my friends have that they will sell to the press when I get famous. Ummm yeah me looking in the camera with the drunk sexy look? You've seen pictures like that. You're drunk, gazing into the camera trying to sip your drink seductively. Never mind the fact that your hair is all over your head, one eye is half closed, and you got a little bit of crust in the corner of your mouth. According to you, you were ready for the runway that night. Yeah, that'll be the cover of Star....Along with my alleged Drinking problem and "sources" quoting my long addiction to that white (Wine, that is).

Sometimes I can't help but laugh at stupid sh*t out loud and then every one gives me that "You Bogus As Hell" glare. Like the girl in one of my classes that had narcolepsy and she was educating the class on her condition and went to sleep "Deuce Bigalow" style. Oh my friend and I had to run out the class. You've ever laughed so hard, you start crying and you start gasping for air like you're having a heart attack? Yeah that was us. Or the handicapped guy who fell out his chair? Bogus as f*ck but I laughed. I don't even know why that was funny but I laughed. I did feel bad though so don't send me hate emails ok?

Funny ass pictures? *dead* That's how I got the damn Blog addiction that I have now. Reading funny ass captions to pictures.

I love people who have some sense of humor. If you're too uptight for me, 9 times out of 10 we won't be friends. I hate stick in the muds. People that are so serious they can't tell the difference between obvious sarcasm and a statement. They wanna "educate" you and sh*t, take all the fun out the comment and sh*t. I got co-workers (including The Prick) like that. Just so damn serious all the time. I'm like, "Damn aren't you 24? Where's ya sense of humor?" I get the dreary, "Life's too serious to take it lightly" answer.<---WTF? I live life up to the fullest.

Sure I say dumb stuff (Some times my mouths says something before my mind catches it) and at times my 22 years clearly reflect (I mean I'm sorry I was, like 9, when a lot of culturally significant events were going on. Sorry I had to be in the house when the street lights came on and my bed time was, like, 9 pm. I guess my mom didn't get that memo) but I'm mature (sometimes). I'm not a "Young and Dumb" woman. Not girl. I can't be an uptight 22 year old. I refuse. I'm not thinking of marriage and babies. I'm not thinking of my biological clock. I'm not thinking of every man as a husband. Hell I'm not thinking of what the hell I'm going to wear tomorrow for work. I'm thinking of the Family Guy episode I'm watching and the upcoming episode of Boondocks.

I eventually want all of those things (well Baby singular not babies plural. I watch The Discovery Channel and TLC. Oh...Hell To The Naw!) but hell not today and not tomorrow! I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Until then...Ima sip my Yak while watching Geico commercials.

2 comments:

ListenToLeon.net said...

I'm a laugh-whore too...I love the Bacardi & Cola commercials(especially the "diet cola" one with the black midget...LMAO), and the Geico Caveman commercials crack me the hell up. My other favorite one is the Sprint one where the guy is talking about "my phone has theft deterrant"

Tenacious said...

you know...I actually like the T Mobile commercials now....not all of them but the one with the family who had the kids text messaging, and the one with the guy who had the real big insect bite but no one called 911 b/c they were roaming and tried to convince him that his face was ok....I'm not with T Mobile (Damn Verizon...a few of their are funny too) but some of their commericals have gotten to be pretty funny.

I haven't seen it in a while but I loved the "Chewy Granola" ones with the kids who were blurting out all the family business...classic.....