Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Movie Review- "Inside Man"



I am really getting through my current movie slump. I went to see a movie before it actually hit the shelf at Blockbusters. Granted, I didn't see the movie when it first hit the theaters, but a few days late ain't bad?

My review: 4.5 out of 5 stars.


A really good movie, great plot, superb acting, and great dialogue. I'm not going to give too much away because I tend to tell you the entire movie, but I would recommend everyone see the movie. I love Spike Lee and, well, I will go see anything he has his brilliant fingers in. Denzel, was great as usual, I thought they were going to paint him as a dirty cop (again) in a movie (ONE damn movie and forever Whites will see Denzel as "dirty" cop *shakes fist at Training Day DVD...I didn't even like this movie that much* but I was pleasantly surprised. His friend, the sexy detective with the hard to pronounce and spell name, oh yeah he's my new eye candy. He played in something else, I think. Do any one know the name of the movie? That bothered me. I hate seeing actors/actresses that I recognize from something else and I can't remember so I waste precious moments racking my brain on the movie that I might have seen them from but then I can't remember the title of that movie but I do remember the plot...*sigh* Pet Peeve No. 70- My sporadic memory.

Jodie- I was surprised. She was looking good in that movie. I heard she was all lesbo-ed out (Is that true or are my blogs just being funny because of her manish voice) but home girl was rocking them suits and stilettos like it was nothing. Side note: I knew her feet was hurting when she was walking in the part. And then being in the heels the entire day? She had that Silence of the Lambs courage. Had no idea what her actually job was but it seemed a little shady. Getting Bin Laden's nephew a condo in NY? Umm yeah, she was into something dirty.

^^Ok Ok I'm trying to control giving away the entire plot but this movie was really good. The best I have seen in a while. And no Get Rich Or Die Trying was not a good movie. I did peep the subliminal dig at Fiddy...You know his slow ass ain't gone get it though. Olivia's gonna have to break it down to him.

The movie did teach me a valuable thing that I have been taking for granted: WEAR MATCHING BRAS AND PANTIES! You never know when that McDonald's might get held up and you are forced to strip. <--Reference to the movie. I'm guilty of the crime every once in a while but when you're tired and groggy and don't feel like digging in the drawer for the matching panties sometimes because you know they at the bottom of the drawer which means you have to dump out the drawer, shift through the underwear, and then put them all back...You gotta rough it sometimes. Inside Man has now shown me different.

There's a lot of clever twists in the movie that will have you second guessing who are hostages and who are the criminals <--Brillant. And the end is amazing! I never saw it coming, well I did based on the beginning, but I didn't connect it until the end.

I will, how ever, tell you that I was disappointed about the hoola about Box 392. Had there been a birth certificate about an illigetimate Black child or something, I would have been pleasantly suprised. What was in Box 392 is nothing that most of Fortune 500 companies were built upon (movie's quote). I think all banks were built from it. I did kind of feel sorry for the old guy but you can tell his old ass was a "G". Denzel betta watch his back.

There were scenes that had Spike Lee scrawled all over it. That's why I like Spike. Critics can down him all they want but he keeps it real. There are several racially charged scenes that only Spike can portray correctly. Although I did not know men's hair were that damn long under that turban! I think I said out loud, "Damn that nigga got some buttas". Please excuse the ignorance, I've always assumed their hair was really short under the turban *smacks self in forehead*. I was, however, rolling at his refusal to answer anything with his turban, not a turban, but his turban! I also peeped the typical police "lie"- "Naw it was a lot going on...You didn't hear "Iraqi"...It was a lot of noise and confusion" *dead at rebuttal* Gotta see the movie to hear the classic line (that is, if you have never been pulled over the police and put up an argument...People who have you know what the hell he said back)! That was kinda fucked up that this man was thrown out the bank, bound and gagged--basically helpless--and when they ripped off the hoody, the police went crazy! Ok, ok sure he had a black box around his neck, but it wasn't just that...It was the fact that he was "Iraqi" and was on some "terrorist" tactics. *hangs head at dumb, White Americans* When will you learn.....

So everyone go see the movie so I can discuss it with you!!

2 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

I saw it, so lets discuss. I guessed the old man's secret from jump, but it was still cool to see how they pulled errthing together. Speaking of Spike Lee moments, he had the walking but not really walking move with Denzel and did you see when dude was drinking the 40 oz of "Da Bomb." I agree with your rating. 4.5 sounds about right.

Waddie G. said...

thanks for the review...I have to see that movie.